growth scan and consultant - advice needed

Fiona

Reaction score
Had a growth scan today and all seems well, baby is weighing approximately 5 lb 2 so they think will be about 8 lb 2 at birth weight. Baby was jumping around on his/her make believe trampoline - it was so lovey to see - at one point had a foot in his/her mouth....

Saw consultant and he says that all is going well and everything is normal.
But wants to see me again at 38 weeks for another scan and to make sure that everything is okay...

I know this sounds a bit odd but if everything is okay why do they want to do another scan and see me again ????? I know that I have a fairly high BMI and an nearly 41 and this is my first baby but have had no problems all the way along... all results have been good (they thought at one point I had diabetes but the results had been written down incorrectly) ... I did keep asking the consultant if everything was okay and he said yes and wrote that everything was normal in my hospita notes....

but I have to say I left the hospital feeling a bit concerned... worried that they are not telling me something...

has anyone else had anything similar. ???? It feels like I am being silly about this but just feel a bit unsettled

If you are worried then ring up the antenatal clinic and ask them or ask your midwife to do it for you.

I had an experience regarding repeated blood tests and I was mega concerned so my midwife rang up the clinic and asked questions while I was there and gave me the number to follow up on some things.

They are there to provide you with care and you should know what your getting!

I'm going to hospital tomorrow, but I have no idea why either. They said at 20 wks to come back at 36, and the midwives don't know either, so I gues I will find out tomorrow, but everything is normal for me too.

:hug: :hug: Fiona i'm sure everything is fine if they told you so and wrote it in your notes, try not to worry and be reassured they are keeping an eye on you for no reason. isn't it great seeing your LO on the scans again though :hug:

could you see anything that may indicate a boy or girl? :lol:

try not to worry xx

hi Rusks, yes I am sure you are right ..... I am worrying about nothing... never used to be a worrier ............. guess this is what being a mum is going to be like.... :? :? :?

no - didn't see anything on the scan - re boy or girl.... desperate to find out now... just can't wait to have that baby in my arms...

how is your pregnancy going.... ? are you still working ?

Well noone at the hospital knew why i was there today either, but they want me in next wk for a growth scan, so i get to see baby again yeah!!

its strange isn't it icecream............... when you ask the docs why you are at the hospital and they can't answer you. First time I sent to see the consultant the midwife came out and asked me why I was there, I said that I didn't know and she said that her and the doc didn't know either.. but as I was there and it was the last apppointment of the day then I might as well see him anyway !!!!!!!!

it was lovely seeing my baby again yesterday - sometimes I still can't believe that I am pregnant but seeing that baby move around does make it all the more real.... and it will be great to see the baby again at 38 weeks...

bit more relaxed about it today .......... at least I can't complain that I am not being looked after properly..

Ive seen consultant at 16 weeks, 28 weeks and again in the morning. Not been offered another scan though :think:

I had 2 growth scans this pregnancy ( and numerous scans last time )
They need to do more than one for comparison, results should be charted on a growth chart.
Agree with you sometimes they dont always explain things fully
Especially if it is your 2nd or 3rd baby.
Good luck to all with your pregnancies

xxx
Katrina

Fiona said:
hi Rusks, yes I am sure you are right ..... I am worrying about nothing... never used to be a worrier ............. guess this is what being a mum is going to be like.... :? :? :?

no - didn't see anything on the scan - re boy or girl.... desperate to find out now... just can't wait to have that baby in my arms...

how is your pregnancy going.... ? are you still working ?

have 5 shifts left :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
finish next friday morning and can't wait, i'm ok been suffering with backache but it has eased much from the beginning of the week so its all good.

i know what you mean i am so excited now and can't wait to hold my baby, want it to be now but also want him to do a bit more cooking as well!!

take care xx :hug:

treena9673 said:
Agree with you sometimes they dont always explain things fully
Especially if it is your 2nd or 3rd baby.
Good luck to all with your pregnancies

Never mind second, or even third. This is my first and they are asking me why I am there. As far as I'm concerned everything is fine.

I haven't even had (or heard anything about) antenatal classes. I don't know anything about the hospital, (of course i am going to ask on Tuseday).

my first pregnancy too Icecream..........

I have made an appointment with the midwife next week and am going to go in with a list of questions.......... otherwise I know what will happen, I will go in, get distracted and ended up coming out without asking half of what I wanted to......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back