Lactose Intolerance - Colief

bubble_dreamer

Reaction score
http://www.colief.com

this has just been reccommended to me by someone whose LO is also lactose intolerant, she gets it on prescription from her gp or its £9.99 a bottle from boots.

I have never heard of it before and i have never had a midwife or doctor reccommend it to me. Has anyone hear heard of it? or used it? any thoughts?

it contains lactase - it depends if the lactose intolerence is caused by a lack of lactase (which it might help) or a true allergic reaction (which it won't help). It won't do any harm giving it a go.

The research shows a 45% reduction in crying - don't know whether that means 45% of babies stop crying, or babies suffer 45% less symptoms though?

thats what i wasnt sure of myself. i mean with beth once she was on the sma wysoy she was fine infact she doesnt cry at all anyway (heard a baby cry in the doctors yesterday and i was shocked :lol: ) from what the woman i was talking to was saying you can use this with either breastmilk or normal formula - which is what she does with her son and it works.

but saying that how can i tell if it is a true allergic reaction or not? :? i mean they have never actually tested either kurt or beth for it and have just said it due to the way they reacted to normal formula. whereas kurt still cant tolerate anything dairy at all, beth is the complete opposite and is fine with everything :?
but then with me i still cant have anything dairy neither :? im starting to think maybe they jumped the gun a bit with beth by diagnosing it as early as they did when she wasnt infact lactose intolerant at all so theerfore wouldnt have needed to be on the wysoy at all :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back