Lactation consultant

wannabmummy

Reaction score
So after Theo only gaining a couple of ounces a week and fussing at the breast I thought I would get some advice and hired a lactation consultant to come round on Monday. She was great and told me that when he drops off one boob and is asleep to wake him up and try him again, and to 'switch nurse' so constantly swap boobs when he starts fussing. She also told me to express during/after feeds as well because she thinks that my supply is too low for him!

So I have been doing this for two days now, he used to feed for half an hour, then sleep for 3 hours! Now he feeds for 3 hours and doesn't sleep! Lol. I'm so glad he is getting more milk, and I can tell I am getting more milk because I can hear him gulping and see it shoot out (which I've never seen before) and I feel fuller, but I am shattered! She said once my milk supply is up his feeds will settle down again but it's stressing me out today. Also, when I express after I have fed him I only get about half an ounce off each??

Just really want to keep breastfeeding but I feel like my boobs are failing me! Lol xx

Glad you have had some advice hun. You are doing great!!

I sympathise because I've had days like that and they are not fun but hopefully your supply will be up soon and it will settle down.

Wow, well done for getting the help you've needed - sounds like it's working, too, which is fantastic!!! I bet your are exhaused at the moment, but I'm sure things will settle into a more manageable pattern once your LO has caught up a bit. I think it's quite normal not to be able to express a lot after you've just fed, your LO has probably done a good job at draining what was in there!

I spent the first 6 weeks constantly feeding! It's a good sign! Well done you're doing great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back