failure - just gave some formula

benjis mum

Reaction score
I think Joe is having his week 3 growth spurt a few days early! He's been feeding almost continually since 11pm last night, inbetween feeds he's been grumpy. It's been a tough tiring day. I've been so emotional because I'm so tired .

Anyway after bathtime Joe was grumpy and crying again, I burst into tears so OH has just given him a bottle of formula. He said I needed a break and it might settle joe a bit more.

I feel like I've failed. If it is a growth spurt he needs to be feeding from me to increase my milk, do you think I should express to keep my supply up? Joe is contentedly sleep8ng and I'm sobbing because I've given in :-(

Definitely express! I'm expressing regularly, mainly feeding him bottles, and I am def making more than he can eat (mind you, he is also a fatty, he eats huge amounts)

I think any feed you plan on substituting, express. Then you can substitute with expressed milk :)

Definitely express, but don't feel like a failure. G is doing exactly the same, if I'd had formula in on fri she'd have gotten in, but it took more energy to go out for it and DH was at work.

Xxx

I don't think this will be a regular thing, I'm just so exhausted from a day from hell. I'll express now.

Did your LO have days like this?

Yes, Thursday and Friday to be exact - a bit lot day. I'm in bed already, cos I'm knackered, and that's unheard of for me. DH even got FIL to come round and take G for a wee walk this morning so I could sleep while he did housework, and I'm still knackered despite my lie in.

Xxx

Your not a failure hun! Xx your baby is happily snoozing away and contented - if anything that makes u a good mummy!! X

I understand what u mean about BF x i did until LO was 4 months, and then my supply just stopped....I tried everything to get it up, expressed, drank water by the bucket load, fenugreek but nothing worked xx had to move her to formula and felt awful, but she's happy and well fed and that's the main thing xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Why would u feel guilty? Ur baby is happy! I wanted to bf but O wouldn't latch on and I was so poorly after birth I decided to ff and he is a happy chappy and I don't feel guilty cos I gave it a shot!

oh hun I know exactly how you feel I was the same I bf for about a month and got so exhausted he always was and still is a greedy baby and I cried so bad, I felt like id failed that bad I gave up, I did express but not often enough that eventually I couldn't feed him. then we switched to just ff. looking back now I realise switching was prob the right thing for us. my oh thought I had pnd I was that exhausted and cried every time he woke up I was a million times better after we swapped. if you do continue bf you will need to express but don't feel you failed you should be so proud of what you have done and hopefully you will find the balance you need to do both x

Sent from my BlackBerry playbook using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back