Lack of sleep!!

Lyn_no3

Reaction score
I just can't seem to sleep anymore, its driving me absolutely mad, i'm so niggly and tired in the day but can't sleep because i have to be up with the kids and then at night i just can't get comfortable for more than half an hour at a time and moving is so painful cos i've been suffering with spd but thankfully not as bad as in my second pregnancy :( i guess this stage gets to everyone and i hate to moan on but i just wanted to get it off my chest to someone other than my poor OH who tries his best to be sympathetic but still doesn't seem to get where im coming from.
Does anyone have any good remedies they could suggest for relaxing?

Lyn x

If find a nice warm bath helps, with candles.
though as i am 38 weeks i usually need hubby to give me a hand laying down in the bath. and getting back up again!!

They i can relax - but then i start getting heartburn which have suffered all the way through - it makes you want to cry

lynn I have SPD and although no where near as far gone as you (only 14 weeks) warm baths are all that is keeping me from going mad! I still find it hard to sleep and hard to get comfy as my hips, back, legs and everything hurts - but after 2 hours of figiting I get there - usually easier after a warm bath. I sympathise with you hunnie - I feel for you more though as you are so big! x

Thanks ladies, i think your right warm baths are all that seem to ease it for a bit, but i need a crane to get me in n out now lol n by the time im in the waters mostly out. its just when i turn over at night in bed because im asleep and not aware of it i wake up in agony! ive got the gettin in n out of the car sussed (carrier bag) but sitting on the floor and playing with the kids is impossible! Noboday tells us about these things when we sign up for the nine month contract lol
:wink:

Am right there with u ladies! It hurts at the moment just to put one foot in front of the other, a major aching pain in my pelvis. Along with the backache, tiredness and constant heartburn I'm a barrell of laughs!! :roll:
Ah well all good things come to those who wait eh? Roll on 31/08.
By the way as far as remedies go all i can suggest is a large glass of milk before bed seems to settle the heartburn a bit. Hope this helps xx

Am with you all too, I can't sleep!! Up every hour for a wee then last night thought I went into labour (false alarm), my mind is working over time and not much is helping me relax !!

Time for a hot bath tonight I think :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back