lack of sleep

mummy2b19

Reaction score
IV not slept for more than 3 hours for the last 2 nights im so tiered yet if I try and sleep I suddenly become wide awake and madam starts having a flaming party IV got myself two more pillows today to try and make me more comfy tonight. I tried having a bath before bed lazt night and no diffrence has anyone got any advice on getting to sleep? Xx

I have the same problem. Seems like every night at 3am I wake up and can't get back to sleep at all. So I get as comfy as poss on sofa with cushions and blankets. I'm lucky I'm on maternity leave now so can nap during the day. But it was a real struggle when I was still working. :-( hope you manage to get some proper sleep soon.xx

I was really struggling sleeping too, went on for about 2 weeks, but it's thankfully improved a bit now. I've been going to bed as late as I can (until I'm really tired) and also having a nice warm relaxing bath with a relaxing bath soak with a cup of hot milk :)

Not sure if that's whats actually helped, but I'm not going to risk it and stop doing it just in case haha

Last edited:
I go to bed about 12 ish try and go to sleep they I put a kiddy film on and kinda doze for an hour then need to get up for a wee so get up get bk into bed wide awake so come on here and face book generaly go to sleep about 6 am and wake up between 9-10 I'm on maternity too but if I try and sleep during the day I can't and end up getting really pissed off because I can't sleep then im wide awake again its poo xx

I posted a thread the other day about a candle i was given - that seems to have helped loads. Its by price - its called lullaby scent - it has camomile and lime try. I've just left it sitting without its lid on (its in a tin) - not lit on my bedside table the last couple of nights (i put the lid back on during the day so i dont get to used to it) - but once im comfy - ive not woken up at all during the night - not even to pee. (had a very full bladder when DH's alarm went off this morning).

might be worth a try. xxx

Have you tried a maternity pillow? This works wonders for me! Im lost without it now! I think I will end up continuing to use it even after the baby is born

Oo candle might be worth a try il see if I can get one. I'm going to mothercare on Saturday might try and perswade OH to buy me a maternity pillow xx

I've taken to sleeping on the sofa :(. However last night was the first night where I've slept pretty much all the way through and not woken up at 3am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back