I need some sleep :(

maldives

Reaction score
I can't seem to get a decent nights sleep.
My sleep pattern is as follow.
3-6 am
12-18 pm
20-22 pm

3 times a day but god I really feel tired . I have loads to do and can't seem to do anything at all.
is this normal?
It got me so depressed as well. :cry:

Everyone is different. If there are reasons why you cannot sleep at night maybe look to what is causing problems and try to solve them? Maybe have a bath or shower before bed, a mug of warm milk and go to bed when you are tired. If you wake don't lie there dwelling on it, but get up for a bit till you feel tired again. Don't stress about not sleeping as it only serves to make it worse. Just some suggestions as I really don't know why you are unable to sleep so its hard to make more specific ones.

FWIW you sleep about 11 hours out of 24 if the times are correct. Midday to 6pm is a fair stretch. Plus 3 hours and then 2. That's loads :lol: Your body clock sounds a bit stuffed up when I look at the amount of sleep you are having and when. I did wonder if you suffered depression as often that causes peoples sleep patterns to alter a lot and often for people to sleep more but not find any benefit in it.

I can't go longer than 2 hours in the night without waking during pregnancy. Often less. And I wake in pain from my hips aching so have to get up to move around to help it ease. So it then takes a while to go back to sleep, then I wake in pain again and need to wee..... vicious circle :roll: Plus the bump only gets bigger and more uncomfy.

I've not slept longer than 2 hours at a time in months. I usually get about 5-6 hours overnight total, between about 10pm and 7/8am and thats it. I occasionally nap for an hour during the day but not often.

It can be rough but it's good that you are getting some sleep.
I'm like Sherlock - i don't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time! It used to drive me mad but i've begun to get used to it. Lol. The best time i seem to sleep is a couple of hours before midday!

If you are having trouble sleeping then do something - i tend to read but i have been known to play on my nintendo ds, lol. I find that it makes me more tired and makes it easier to sleep and it stops me stressing so much.

Are your iron levels ok? Maybe mention to your doc or midwife and get them checked, low iron might be making you more tired.

hope you feel better soon xxx

Thanks all,
babybee good question. I don't know about my iron levels now :think: It was ok though 2 months ago. but yeah maybe it's something to do with it.!
but aren't i suppose to feel dizzy if they got low?

:hug: not getting enough sleep is crap.

I do something like:

12 - 3 am
4 - 6 am
7 - 10 am

Which is 8 hours but because it's all broken up it never quite refreshes me like a good sleep used to :cry:

I absolutely refuse to sleep in the afternoon though as I just know it'll make things worse the next night... however I've been *really* knackered the last few days so I know how you feel :hug:

Hope things get better for you soon :hug:

aww hun sorry your not sleeping well
once im asleep i sleep well but for me its the getting to sleep thats the problem sometime Collier is pressing sooooooo hard on my bac or bits getting to sleep is a fight and a half.

If its is your iron levels thats causing it then the docs will help you out and :pray: yoy can then have a good nights rest
hope you get some well deserved sleep soon sweetie
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back