Lack of appetite.

l_maclean

Reaction score
Anyone else got this??

I thought I'd need to eat more bf'ing, and I kinda snack - usually on junk, I just really can't bring my self to eat a proper meal. I'd rather have a sandwich, or cereal or something.

Xxx

That's probably tiredness. When I am really tired, and I don't think you know what that really feels like until you have children, I just want lots of junk food snacks. It's like I need to keep my fat and blood sugar levels constantly maintained. Try and get your oh to cook you some meals though as you will need the carbs for bfing and are likely to get more of these in a meal x

I lost my appetite for a week or so after having LO. Apparently it's normal. I think it's probably to do with hormones etc and tiredness. I found I lost my appetite around the same time the baby blues hit me so may also have had something to do with that. I wasn't breastfeeding though so it wasn't as important for me to eat iykiwm. I can only suggest you eat whatever you fancy until you get an appetite back. x

I still forget to eat, but never feel over hungry either :-/

Oh honey try and get lots of sleep and get that appetite back. When u r breastfeeding it really does take it out of you and u need to get well and regularly to keep u going and the supply up. My appetite has massively increased from bf-ing. I wasn't bad in regards to overeating being PG but now my body is telling me to eat lots and snack as well to keep everything going. Hope your appetite comes back soon, I'm sure it will. Def get OH to make your fav dinners for you xx

Thanks everyone - it did seem to start round about the same time as the baby blues, so maybe its the hormones. TBH, i dont feel overly tired, i think im getting a semi reasonable amount of sleep, i just dont wanna eat.

Tonight DH made a currry, which granted isnt exactly my favourite dish, but it was there in front of me and i just didnt want it. was kinda the same last night when he put steak pie in front of me, I get a few bites in then think, nope i really dont wanna eat this. About to go have a bowl of cereal now.

xxx

I feel like that when I'm feeding. A bit funny in the tummy, but once I stop it goes.

One night OH ordered a takeaway burger and chips, which I would normally love,but I just couldn't stomach it. I couldn't even swallow it as it kept getting stuck in my throat so I just ended up chewing and chewing it! OH went mad saying I'd wasted his money. He didn't understand I just had no appetite at all. I'd spent the whole day crying and emotional because of the baby blues and the last thing I wanted was to eat.
Your appetite will come back, mine did with a vengence!!! Now I can't stop eating!

I've no appetite would rather drink water or milk than eat.

I was same with dd. the oh goes mad but just tell him I can't help having no appetite. I'm not sleep deprived either

I lost mine too for a few weeks with both my babies. Really had to force food down and also mainly rubbish snacks. Now however I don't stop eating, still snacks though a lot of the time but i try to include things like fruit, soup and cereal bars so its not all crap!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back