Antenatal and Labour Ward Tour

positivity :)

Reaction score
had my second antenatal class today followed by a tour of the labour ward.

really enjoyed the class again, today's subject was pain relief. each of the options were discussed in length and was very much an eye opener.

i've decided i'm going to have everything on my birth plan except pethidine but the plan is i dont touch any of them except the gas and air.

the midwife spoke lots about the 'transition stage' where you are most likely to scream out for the epidural, she spoke to the OH's and explained that this where their support is needed to get up through that bit. having epidural on my plan puts my mind at rest so that i can have it if i need it but i am so keen on the hypnobirthing route and no epidural etc! however, i've never had a baby before so who knows what will happen!!

also had a tour of the labour ward, im very lucky and go to a very modern hospital in london where everything is gleaming. the birthing pools are amazing and the rooms welcoming. was walking through the whole department and heard a few new born cries, made me a bit emotional :oooo:

all in all a great day and dare i say it.......................i'm looking forward to the big day :shock: xxxx

When we did our tour they were just wheeling a woman out of delivery with her newborn, my OH couldn't take his eyes off the baby :eek:)

aw its so lovely isn't it, their so teeny tiny :love: xx

wow tinks...39 weeks, not long for you now xx

so glad u liked the hospital hun :)

That's great pos! I am looking forward to starting my classes

:yay:

Glad you had a good visit

I'm gonna have to go and google "transition stage" coz I dont know when it is

:oooo:

Sounds good pos. We don't get tours, only a DVD :shock: x

I'm going to try and book, when did you guys book yours :) x

Nope, due next Sunday and can't wait although we think I'll be at least a week over. I've only just finished work so I am trying to think of it as some time off rather than maternity leave so I don't get too impatient lol

Nope, due next Sunday and can't wait although we think I'll be at least a week over. I've only just finished work so I am trying to think of it as some time off rather than maternity leave so I don't get too impatient lol

im planning on working up until 38 weeks, how did you find it? x

Not too bad actually, it was worse because of the freaky heatwave we had lol. I did find I struggled by about 2/3pm- just tired and would get fidgity being sat at my desk but I can get abit like that at home as well

Glad I've finished now but also glad I worked so far. The worse thing for me was being tired, if I had a bad night I probably made it worse by thinking I've got to get up for work as you do, now if I have a bad night sleep I just stay in bed lol

That sounds fab Positivity. Makes me want to go and do the tour. Sending you :hug: s x

Thanks star! :hugs: right back at ya xxx

Thanks tinks, feel sorry for u girls that were so late on during the heatwave! Good to know u coped in ur final weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back