Labour Snacks !!

nikki1306

Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone was packing any snacks to take to the hospital for when they are in labour,if you are what are you gonna take :D xx

My bag(s) for the hospital are packed as if I am going on holiday for the week!! To munch on I have packed little packets of pringles and of course some choc to keep my energy up. Also packed some glucose tablets on the advise of a few people just in case I feel/am sick and don't fancy my goodies. Have also packed some juice.

yum mars bars :cheer: ,where did you find the glucose tablets Dippy i couldn't find them in sainsbury's today :D xx

i can never eat in labour but they say it helps speed things up.
Milkshake is a good one to take (those little cartons)

nikki1306 said:
yum mars bars :cheer: ,where did you find the glucose tablets Dippy i couldn't find them in sainsbury's today :D xx

You can get them in chemists hun.

Vicki83 said:
nikki1306 said:

You can get them in chemists hun.

cheers ooh and milkshakes might need to pack a third bag :lol: xx

Dont think I could have eaten anything while in labour last time. So not sure if I could eat anything this time. Im taking glucose tablets with me though, they helped alot last time.

Probably pack a few munchies for OH, because no doubt he'll be moaning hes hungry :roll: I was thinking of getting some variety packs to much on afterwards ....I did buy a cadburys one to pack, but it looked so tastey I had to eat it lol :oops:

So far I have 2 packs of biscuits - Apple pie cookies and party rings! Keep meaning to get some crispies and cartons of juice but somehow reckon i'll end up going without them!

wats the glucose tablets for?

do they taste like medicine?

ebony_preggy said:
wats the glucose tablets for?

do they taste like medicine?

They just taste like sweets i am sure lucozade used to make them to,you can get orange or blackcurrant,they may even do other flavours now,they keep your blood sugar levels up to give you energy :D xx

am going to take apple juice cartons, glucose tablets, raisins and jaffa cakes for me - yummmmmmmmmy!

Will no doubt have hubby munching in all sorts of junk while I'm there so if I'm up to it will have some of his food too - somehow I think I'll be happy with my jaffa cakes tho :dance:

I have the glucose tablets packed, OH knows they are packed and keeps wanting me to get them out, he eats them like sweets :shock:

Il probably pack come biccies for him too and some juice nearer the time

id say take things that are good for energy levels

ie energy tablets, dried fruit, chocolate etc

i Havnt packed anything in the food line yet as if i know its there i will eat it lol :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back