Labour snacks?

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
Should have asked at my antenatal class the other day but just wanted some suggestions on savoury labour snacks. Everything I read suggests things like energy drinks/mints/sweeties/fruit etc BUT (and here's the but...) I don't like anything with sugar in, including fruit. And I can't for the life of me think of any 'energy giving' foods that are savoury and still refreshing. The only snacks I can think of are things like tuc biscuits and mini cheddars but they tend to make me really thirsty and that's the last thing I want!

So any ideas would be appreciated :)

Ohh just had a thought, What about like flapjacks? cereal bars? things like that?

Have never liked sweet stuff, even as a baby I wouldn't eat anything with sugar in! In my baby book mum wrote 'tried to feed some mashed apple today and rebecca spat it out, she doesn't seem to like anything good for her!'

I do like those dextrose tablets in the tropical flavour though so might pack some of those, and a nice cheese sandwich :)

Don't like those either I'm afraid, too sweet!

I am planning on cooking up some pasta, mixing it with either tuna or chicken pieces and Mayo with herbs and sticking it in the fridge to snack on when I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back