Labour Music

littlepip

Reaction score
I was packing my hospital bag last night and completely forgot about music so ive just downloaded some r&b love songs and stuff and put them onto 4 cd's. has anybody else made any or gonna put any in there bag?

littlepip said:
I was packing my hospital bag last night and completely forgot about music so ive just downloaded some r&b love songs and stuff and put them onto 4 cd's. has anybody else made any or gonna put any in there bag?

:think: I did think about that but wasn't sure if i'd use it or not. You've inspired me now so I think I may go download some stuff on my ipod as it least it'll keep me occupied for a bit from this continuous boredom :bored:

I thought that there would be no point as I would have other things on my mind :D I've never given birth before though. You're a fair bit ahead of me so let me know if it's worth doing!

i wasnt sure if id even use them as id probably forget about them in my bag and have other things on my mind... like pain!!!!!!!!!!!! but my mum knows there there and music always cheers me up so im hoping she will remember there there at least!!! lol

i've never bothered and to be honest you probably wouldn't notice it much anyway as your too focused on labouring but if you go in early you may well find they relax you and you enjoy listening to them for a bit. It wont hurt them being in your bag, you know you have them if you do want them.

im putting some music on my ipod, i wouldnt call it relaxing music :rotfl: but it makes me happy :dance:

When in labour with James I totally forgot about my CD player in my bag!
I would of packed my Ipod this time round just in case, but the damn thing has decided to pack up and refuses to charge. With having loads of baby stuff to buy I'm not gonna be replacing it for a while! :wall: :wall: :wall:

my ipod stopped charging, i just brought a battery and kit from ebay and replaced it and it works fine again :dance:

ill get the midwives and doctors holding hands around my bed and singing hokey cokey :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

paradysso said:
my ipod stopped charging, i just brought a battery and kit from ebay and replaced it and it works fine again :dance:

I didn't know you could buy new batteries for them, will have to look into that :D

yeah and if u look on youtube, theres video instructions how to replace them, its really easy, u may need to solder 1 wire depending on what model u have but its easy.

Kimbo said:
ill get the midwives and doctors holding hands around my bed and singing hokey cokey :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

lol :lol:
you push the whole head in, the whole head out, in ,out, in ,out , it 'll really make you shout.....

Angelblue said:
Kimbo said:

lol :lol:
you push the whole head in, the whole head out, in ,out, in ,out , it 'll really make you shout.....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I didn't take any music in with me, and the best of what they had available was James Blunt so that's what I was listening to until I got gas and air and then things got a bit "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh..."

:rotfl:

leckershell said:
I didn't take any music in with me, and the best of what they had available was James Blunt so that's what I was listening to until I got gas and air and then things got a bit "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh..."

:rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: i actually wouldnt mind james blunt in there with me!! haha

I'm def taking some music - whether we will use it or not... we'll see. :)

My midwife at antenatal recommended taking in music, but said to listen to it first so you know the order of the songs. Apparently singing along during contractions can distract you from the pain!!!!!! Not convinced by that myself, but I am willing to try anything. (although i am tone deaf so i may just sing in my head!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back