labour and cesarian

laetitia85

Reaction score
I remember watching Jordan's birth diary thing on TV and she had a C-section but didn't seem to be in labour at all :shock:
she was laghing and relaxing with her family then they took her to the operation room and she had her baby.

Don't the doctors wait for labour to start before they start the section? does labour ever come? I don't understand :think:

If having a Csection means no labour then it doesn't sound that bad to me :think:

No hun, a c section is normally planned apart from the emergency ones! Jordons was planned i think so she wasnt in labour.

If it's an elective or planned section, you don't go into labour. A date is booked and it's done on that day regardless of labour. If it's an emergency, the mother has most probably already started labour.

Hope that helps :D

It's what is known as 'too posh to push.' Gives everyone who has a caesarean for a genuine reason a bad name imho. Opting to have major abdominal surgery because you can afford not to have to do things the way they are meant to be done is nuts - but you only need to look at the plastic surgery these women subject themselves to.

I had a ceasearean and it was great! No pain what so ever.

Vickyleigh said:
I had a ceasearean and it was great! No pain what so ever.

Me too. Got another one booked for 6th December, but it's NOT because I'm too posh to push lol

jordan is not "too posh to push", she gave birth to harvey naturally (iv got her book lol!) i dont kno about junior :think:

im also having an elective section being booked around 3rd march and cant wait. i dont agree with this whole too posh to push as my recovery after last section was 7 months long :cry: and very painful due to infections and gaping wound.

It;s just like being booked in for any op, u go in, have op, then get a baby :cheer:

trust me if you do it the right way, you'll look back and think YES i gave birth, you feel like you can do anything lol

I don't have any objection to anyone who has a section for a very good reason. I had one because after 40 hours of labour it was clear the baby was stuck and my blood pressure was dropping rapidly. I laid down to sleep, and it is clear to me now I was laying down to die. The operation to deliver my baby was not a simple one. After 2 hours the spinal block was wearing off and the doctors had not even started to stitch me up. I had problems with internal bleeding due to the way they had to extract my baby (she had got herself well and truly stuck!) and was given a general anaesthetic in order that the doctors could continue to work on me. The head of the department was called out from home to advise. I was in a high dependency ward for 5 days, and my baby in special care baby unit for 2 days.

I am a very fit and healthy person. I pass stringent medicals on an annual basis just in order to keep my job, and I compete in my chosen sport at county level, and occasionally national level. I had a completely problem free pregnancy. I was the last person I expected to have such a difficult birth.

When I got home I was infuriated to be told by another sportswoman (albeit one who competes regularly at an international level and makes her living - a very good living! - from it) that, darling, I should have just booked myself in somewhere private to start with and had the baby whipped out, like she does with hers. None of that messy, nasty labour business. With her last c section she had the baby 2 and a half weeks early so she could get back to competition and won an international grand prix dressage the day she should have been giving birth.

I fully intend with my next baby to be prepared for an elective caesarean if I have a similar situation to the one I had this pregnancy. There were clues with this pregnancy which were missed, which in hindsight would have hinted at problems to come. But I would prefer to give birth naturally, and will be using all the facilities the NHS and private medical care have to offer to ensure that I will have the best chance of not nearly killing myself again.

Women who have elective caesareans because it fits in with their diary don't feature very high on my list of motherhood requirements, I'm afraid. If the date of the birth of your child is going to be so inconvenient, how about when it needs you unexpectedly, like when they are ill? Once you have child you have to be available for it. It won't just schedule it's illnesses in around your diary.

So there we go - just my two-pennorth.

dressage only 2.5 weeks after a c section??? omg :shock: that was a brave move, what wud she of done had she fallen off, her abominal wall would not have healed propely by then, i didnt feel comfy driving a car 8 weeks after section let alone getting back on a horse, i dont think i will be returning to my job with horses for at least 6 months just to be safe.

Paradysso,

at the time she was in the news for it. I can't figure out how she managed it either. 9 weeks later and I've just started gentle walks through the woods with my neddy.

wow can just say shes very very brave!!! I dont think i will be competing next summer at all, and sulking as im missing this years hunting season.

It's a really mean reason to be pleased, but you're not missing anything wrt hunting - foot and mouth has seen to that! I missed last season too.

my choice would be a natural birth with just gas and air maybe if i really need it but i will listen to the doctor's advice should i need a ceasarian.

laetitia85 said:
my choice would be a natural birth with just gas and air maybe if i really need it but i will listen to the doctor's advice should i need a ceasarian.

Exactly Laetitia!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back