Planned C-Section - can I wait until I'm in labour?

CupcakeMummy

Reaction score
:wave: Hello!

When I (finally!) start having babies, it is 99% likely I will not be able to deliver vaginally due to some issues and previous treatment and surgeries.

BUT - I don't like the idea of my babies not being able to cook for the full 40 weeks - from what I've read if you are going to definitely have a c-section you get scheduled in 2 weeks prior to your due date.

Is this always the case, or can you be down for a C-section, and then just wait until you're in labour to do so?

Or is it too risky incase your labour is just too fast?

Last edited:
I dont think they let you go into labour which is why they schedule them in advance :)

I dont think they let you go into labour which is why they schedule them in advance :)

That's what I was assuming. I just sort of have it in my head that your body must know when the baby is ready to come out, so would like to leave it as long as possible.

I guess having him/her out and healthy and maybe an ounce or two lighter is better than putting my health at risk!

They schedule them in beforehand so they have the theatre timetables and stuff, otherwise it would be carnage :lol: there's so many people needing to go into theatre during/after birth as it is! They won't give you a c section earlier than is safe unless it's better for baby to be out than in :hug:

I was told i'd need a section booked at 39 weeks if baby was still breech - they wont let you labour beforehand :)

My last section was booked 11 days before my due date, this one is booked 5 days before he's due. If i go into early labour they will still do a section.

Last edited:
its a week before they will book you in.

dont worry about your baby not being cooked enough as you are full term by 37 weeks and your c sec wont be till 39 :) they know what they are doing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back