• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

kmac baby news! *updated Wednesday 15.51*

Good luck hun, thats good news about being able to go to the other place, take care, we'll all be thinking about you :hug: :hug:

:cheer: Yey!!

I hope little one is here Kirstie!!

Good luck hun :hug:

Good luck Kmac! Hopefully you will be holding LO soon :hug:

Oh no poor Kirstie! She's 15 days over now, I'd have thought they'd be keener to help her on. I thought they were going to break her waters this morning but that must've been ERI, not the hospital she ended up in.

I would be going stir crazy - that's potentially another couple of days before they get to meet baby and so many times building their hopes up and driving back and forth to hospital - Kirstie, so many hugs to you honey.

Valentine Xxx

I know she sounds so fed up - :pray: that the 3rd lot of gel kick starts everything for her :hug: She said that a section will be their next option but they will give her 24 hours to settle down first!!!

Jane x

God that baby really is comfy in there! Aww bless you hun, lots of luck hope things get moving very soon :hug:

Oh dear why dont they just do a section on her i didnt think they let you go on as long as this dear love her im sure she is so fed up by now :hug:

Oh no..........Im sure she will be reading this thread soon and I wanted to give her :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I cant believe baby is refusing to budge, Baby Kmac must be very comfy indeed!

Hello!
I'm home for the night to rest up a bit.

Basically I have had the maximum dose of the prostin gel so they can't give me any more today.

I was up all night with pains - they were so frequent I could not sleep at all. They kept monitoring baby and all was fine with it, so I just had to wait to be examined this morning.

Considering all the pains I was hoping for good news, but the doctor just had a quick rummage and said 'no progress, so you will have a section this afternoon'. He also mentioned helpful words like hysterectomy (going on about risks etc) which really put me at ease :roll:

I was a bit upset, and DH wasn't there yet. They just left me on my own, so when DH arrived I was having a bit of a cry!
I was trying to get my head round it all, when another consultant appeared just to introduce herself as she was going to be in at the section.

Obviously she could see I was upset so she asked why, and we had a chat about it.

She says the reason they have a policy of not letting you go past 42 weeks is because your placenta can be past it's best, and she thinks lots of people end up with c-sections which aren't necessary, so she gave us a choice to go ahead with the section today or else she would do a scan to check the placenta and we can try induction again starting tomorrow - also giving me the chance to come home tonight.

I was so tired it was really hard to reach a decision - we took ages! - but decided to have the scan and another pop at induction. She was really thorough and also listened to the flow through the cord. So we were basically reassured baby is totally fine and at no immediate risk. Obviously if we thought there was any risk to baby we would have gone for the section. She also said the baby's head is definitely in the right place - and that is what you need to get labour started - so at least this way baby has tonight to decide to make it's own way out, we try the gel again tomorrow, and then if still nothing happens we can go with a section knowing we gave it as much of a chance as possible.

Sorry for the long post - just trying to explain!!

I'm still having the pains though - don't know if this is good or bad!!

And yes initially i was to go to the ERI but they had no room for me yesterday, so it's all happening at Livingston - and tbh I much prefer it there!!

I am SO tired!!

Thanks again for all your good wishes, and to rom for updating. Will keep you posted!

:hug: :hug:

really sorry to hear your LO just ain't for coming out.

your LO will be here tomorrow at least.

god can't believe how comfy LO must be you've definately done a great job of proving a nice home for Lo for the last 42 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back