Keeping LO entertained

beckyboo1

Reaction score
ok i know harry is not yet 3 weeks old, but when he is awake he really is quite alert and loves looking around etc and can be awake for over an hour at a time

Just wondered what you all did with your LOs when they were awake? I know theres a linit to what he can see etc but i just feel like i'm not doing enough..i sit and talk to him, he sits in his swing listening to music and we play on his mat

Also when did you all start tummy time. He already likes to lift his head off my chest

Thank you!! xx

harrison liked lights and things like that, we have a mat which has a light show which was great!! Tummy time isnt a favourite in our house and he is only just starting to do it really as he cried a lot before when he was doing it!!
xxx

We were doing tummy time from a couple of weeks. He soon told us when he was done

Walks in the buggy / pram are always good for alert babies..there's always stuff for them to see. Bath time was always fun in our house too....other than that I think you're already doing everything you can to entertain the little bundle!!! :)

Emily hates tummy time with a passion and I must admit I don't force it as much as I know I should.
She likes music, looking at black and White contrasts - we have a book we look at. Also Freddie Frefly is a big hit. She has an Emily dolly we play with. She likes sitting in her swing and also the rainforest gym playmate is good. Her bouncy chair is good too as she tries to bash the hanging butterflies and listens to the tune. We walk around the house a lot and she likes looking at the things in different rooms.
I also think I am not doing enough different things with her because she is very alert and needs lots of entertaining!
Of all the things though, her favourite place to be is on the changing mat... She gets so excited when she thinks she is going t have her nappy changed, or have a little wash / change of clothes... Her feet and legs go mad!!

Eee it's so hard just feel like I don't entertain him the way he looks at me sometimes

He does like going out in his pram but he usually lasts til the end f the street and then he sleeps through his walk!!

Tummy time???? What's that lol. We get "shove my face in the mat and try to suffocate myself time" :roll:. Albert only does tummy time nestled into mummy's chest :D. Having our faces so close I get more smiles but also stinky burps!

I stopped thinking about it from an adult point of view, their brains are totally empty and everything is fascinating. There's a hell of a lot of info going in every second and this keeps them very occupied. Every touch, smell, noise and the different shapes they can see, lights etc are all going in and being processed. The sound of your voice, your smell and touch are the most important things they learn at this point in my opinion. Reading out loud whilst cuddling is our favourite time

Albert and I are saving War and Peace for his first birthday :D xxxxxxxx

I have a couple of baby books I read- very short books with lots of colours. Ive now just put him under a play gym thing and he loves looking in the mirror at himself!! (He's 6 weeks old now). I sit him on the window sil and he stares out the window (I obviously hold him there) sometimes I find him staring at the tv so I put kids tv on so there's lots of colours to look at. I'm like you though I always feel like he wants more entertaining !

Xxx

i took Alyssa to bookstart group yesterday and she found all the ppl, noises and singing etc so interesting. the women were all amazed commenting on how alert and interested in everything she was. at bf group she likes to watch the other ppl and babies. she loves watching tv while on her playmat or changing mat, coathangers on the picture rail and toys on a shelf get her attention often too lol. that and we sit and have conversations with her and she coos back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back