2 Week old suddenly doesn't like sleeping :(

ButterflyBoo_x

Reaction score
He seems to be spending more and more time awake, i know hes tired he just doesn't want to sleep :(

He woke for a feed at 12 last night and wouldn't settle to sleep untill 4 (He had a bottle at 12 & 2 & 3). then woke at 6 for a feed. i'm soo tired! :(

Hes now been awake since half 10 and still won't sleep, hes been in his swing for a hour.

I Will NOT cuddle him to sleep for every nap. i already have a clingy toddler because i did that and i don't want another one. sorry if i sound harsh i'm just really tired and don't understand why hes so awake, i want to enjoy him and i can't :(

How long did your baby stay awake during this time?

This happened to me althoight I was breastfeeding x she settled after a few days xx if you were breastfeeding, you milk production would be highest between 12-4am x so if your LO is having a growth spurt they naturally want to feed a lot during this time ( in theory its tobstimulate milk supply for the next day during grown spurt) x

You might find LO settles again after a few days xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Im starting to think some babies just don't sleep! Kynon being one of them, he doesn't even sleep 12 hours out of 24 never has but i thought it was due to bf but I now think some just don't need so much. I've tried lots of things and given up trying if he wants to be awake he can! Im exhausted though!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Could have written this post myself hun. Josh is so alert which is great obviously but I know at times hrs tired and he just fights and fights it. I feel I can't get anything done at all and ny patience at night is really lacking I'm not good when tired. I manag

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Managed to get him to sleep earlier today and was so proud. I just let him cry whilst holding him and rocking him. He cried and cried but I knew he was fed nappy clean so just comforted him and he's been asleep for two hours. I don't think josh is ever gonna be a big sleeper unluckily but I guess we just have to try and get sleep when they do. Not that I can talk I.just did my ironing lol know how you feel your defo not alone

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

He's slept fine all chuffing day!!! I got 3 hours sleep max last night (1 hour, then 2 hours) after I posted he fell asleep and he's fallen asleep after his feeds grrr. So I decided to do all the housework I'm so tired. And my 2 year old has just poured a full bottle of water on my laptop. Sleep deprived and VERY pissed off, I've not spoke to him for 2 hours

Joshua decides to wake up just as hubby n I get into bed. So frustrating! But he looks so cute I can't get annoyed. Sometimes during the day he fights sleep and his eyes get puffy n red. I've resorted to using a dummy which I said I wouldn't do. But it does help and calms him right down. Not had any problems with breast feeding which was one of my concerns with using a dummy. Hope things get better so you get some sleep Hun.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back