Keeping bottles in a thermos bag

Fingers crossed

Reaction score
I know when you heat a bottle up you should only keep it for an hour then chuck it away, but what if the bottle is in a thermos bag? Is it OK to heat a bottle up to quite a hot temp then store it in a thermos (tommy tippie thermos bag) until I use it a few hours later or should the bottle still only be hot for an hour. It does say on the bag that it keeps bottles hot or cold for up to 4 hours. Or should I keep the bottle cold in there and try and find somewhere to heat it up?

I put the water in my bottle at the right temp and then put it into the thermos bag, when I need it I just add the powder to it. That way I don't have to worry about times etc and my LO gets a nice warm drink! (I have the Tommy Tippee dispenser pots)

sass said:
I put the water in my bottle at the right temp and then put it into the thermos bag, when I need it I just add the powder to it. That way I don't have to worry about times etc and my LO gets a nice warm drink! (I have the Tommy Tippee dispenser pots)

this is fine.. but dont heat the bottle made up andstore it

Just heat the water up in the bottle, store the bottle in the thermos bag, and add the powder to it just before you need it.

The 1hr rule is because once you add the powder to the water bacteria can start to breed. They multiply very quickly, on average a bacterium divides once every 30 mins or so. So if you leave the bottle longer than an hour you give the bacteria change to multiply exponentially and there cna be loads of them.

K.xx

i warm mine up before i go out and put them in a thermobag :D

yup dont add the powder thats all as its the powder that will breed bacteria when hot / warm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back