Traveling with formula

Rosebay

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm about ready to go out and about with my boy over feed times (ooer scary!) but need to get some kind of food warming system in place. Any tips? I was thinking of getting the Avent thermos bag that keeps things either hot or cold to put bottles of heated water in and then the Tommy Tippee milk powder containers so that I could whip out the water and add the powder- no heating involved but is there a better way? Does the themos bag actually work if anyone has one?

Thanks for your thoughts!

+++

The thermos bag will work for a while, but not hours.

Most people I know use warm water in a thermos flask, then mix it with pre-measured formula when needed. A proper flask will keep water at the required temp longer than an insulated bag.

Thanks Urchin- do you have to sterilise the flask? I presume you do...?

+++

Hmmm that's a good question, I guess you could sterilise it with milton or something.

or why not just boil the thermos in a big pan of water for 5 mins - that will sterilise it. my mum never had a steriliser, and my friend too - they just boiled things up.

i take a made up bottle with me and boiling water in a flask with a jug when hannah is hungry i just put water in jug and warm bottle that way works for me . does mean taking a bit of stuff but you do anyway

I've always taken bottles from the fridge, put them in a polystyrene bottle holder to keep them cold, flask of hot water and jug to warm them. If it's a trip into town, I never bothered with the hot water and jug - most cafes will give you a jug of hot water to warm up a bottle.

I remember one place (might have been woolies or macdonalds - can't remember) being a pain when charlotte was small - young spotty imbecile behind the counter said we couldn't feed her in the cafe because they didn't allow people to bring their own food / drink - pmsl now but i went mad at the time

Tracy xx

That's rediculous Tracy!! I'd have smacked him one for having the cheek to say it.

I take bottles form the fridge and just put them in my bag if I know I'll be using it within an hour or so. I've only been out once for longer and so I took a sterile bottle, a tub with my scoops of formula, and then asked for a cup of hot water from a cafe in town. Damien is only on 80ml bottles so it's not too much to ask for a cup of hot water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back