Just wondering ...

LucyB.

Reaction score
So it's my due date tomorrow and I can't stop thinking about labour today, I'm not nervous or scared at all just wanting it to happen tomorrow after my sweep which I have booked in the morning! But I was just thinking, is labour starting something ur body triggers off or something the baby does? I just find it amazing how after living in there for 40 weeks the midwives can work out an estimate of when ur due, is it down to babies level of development or something to do with the body?xxxxx

As far as I am aware they've never worked out what exactly triggers labour, whether it comes from the baby or from you (someone correct me if I'm wrong) obviously its a production of oxitocyn that does it but thats as far as we know. I think that discovery is waiting to be made along with the Higgs Boson!
xx

Thank u! I'm really hoping it works! And I've just been thinking about it a lot today, it's only taken 39 weeks and 6 days for me to realise how amazing our bodies are being able to grow babies in there haha, big moment!!xxx

Me and OH were having that conversation the other night, really is amazing! I can't get over all the changes you go through and how your body adapts to everything, never appreciated it all until my own pregnancy! Sorry I can't answer your question though. Hope the sweep goes well for you :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back