Inductions...

AugustMum

Reaction score
Ok so, I know you can be left for 2 weeks after your due date before being induced, but i was wondering if it could be done before then?

Ive got a sweep booked for Thursday (40+1) and then Ill probably book to see her again on the Tuesday (40+6) but if by the Thursday or Friday nothings happened I'd rather just be induced.

I know it would be nicer to have her come naturally without the help of chemicals but I don't think waiting untill Im either 40+8 or 40+9 is too early to start wanting her out.

Is there a bit of leniency with when your put in for induction or will they just not consider it until your almost 2 weeks over? Or does it depend on your hospital and midwife?

You can be induced earlier. In fact I dont think they just wait until youre 2 weeks over cos induction can take a few days. I think they would do it if you were particularly struggling or stressed. As long as youre at a stage where its safe for you to give birth I dont see why not.

I think it depends on your area. Here, my MW wouldn't even consider sweeping me unless I'd reached 40 + 10 as its supposed to be the most effective time. I was mortified, but luckily, this time, I didn't go that far!

realy my midwife is on about doing it at 40+1 :rofl:

:shock: She wouldnt even do a sweep until 40+10!?

The only reason I don't have one on my due date is because its a Wednesday and she's only in the surgery on Tuesday and Thursdays lol.

I think the main reason I want to be induced by the end of next week, is Ive got it in my head they'll want to induce me on a weekday, so Id have to wait until 40+12 and thats just a scary thought. I keep finding myself almost crying at the moment and its not even my due date until tomorrow! I think the hormones are just going a bit crazy lol.

:hug: youre gonna be fine hun. Try and spend some time relaxing and looking through babys things. Remind yourself that youre ready and maybe baby will pick up on it too!!

I think its difficult because we've got no idea whats happening 'down there' so can't tell if anythings happening ect. Ive been having cramps and back ache and tightenings for about 2/3 weeks now and its just frustrating because Ive got no idea if its actually doing anything lol. Bring on thursday and the midwife can have a snoop around and fill me in :)

you never know, midwife might tell you youre starting to dilate and youre one of those women who get to 5cm without knowing it :yay:

:pray: I hope so.

Just hoping I dont get there and she's like 'yeah, its like a brick wall up there' lol.

When I was pregnant with lace I asked to be induced the day after my due date but m/w said she'll do it when I'm a week over due but lace came a day after I asked anyway!!

Right, sorted then, Ill ask for next Thursday, when Ill be 40+8. See what she says. :) (Obviously would be nice if baby came on her own before then!)

Using chemicals to bring on labour. There are a few people on here who have been induced, whether it's because theyre overdue or for other medical reasons.

Are there boy risks with being induced? Can you ask to be induced to ensure the little one is on time? I have university starting 2 wweeks after my due date and was hoping I could ask for him to be induced maximum of a couple of days after his due date. . .

I think if youre induced before your body is ready it makes your labour much harder and will be more likely to need intervention.

If you do give birth on your due date, I think your uni should give you a medal for turning up 2 weeks after youve given birth!!! :yay: Youre supermum!

Ill be finding out tomorrow about what the policys are in this area on induction so I should be able to let you know if they could do it that soon. Ive got the impression they like to wait at least a week though.

Im going to my first day of uni on time but Im going to ask if I can wait until the end of October to start going back properly. Any chance you could do that? Gives you a bit more time :)

Im not sure on the risks of being induced, but I know that it can lengthen labour as your making your body start labour when generally its not ready. Or at least this is the jist I get. I mght do some research! lol

Yeah I could do. Ill drop them a message. My supervisor must hate it when I turn up bt her door ha ha. What university are you bt? What are you studying? I think im crazy never mind super mum lol. I just dont want to take a year out especially if I can help it. I have all the booklets for my first term already so I can do loads of pre-reading! I just want to do my son and husband proud but above all else I just wanna be proud of myself and look back on this year and think yeah, I had a baby but I still graduated x

Is it your last year as well?

I desperatly want to be stood this time next year in my cap and gown holding my little girl. I dont think Ill ever be that proud of myself again if I can make it.

Im at hertfordshire uni (so Ive got a 2 1/2 hour commute lol) studying photography. Which is handy really, as its generally self study, so I only need to be in once a week or 2 weeks. What are you studying? I know what you mean about not wanting to take a year out. I just dont think Ill finish the course if I dont go back and Ill get so much funding to finish the course I might as well go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back