Membrane sweep tomorrow - Im so scared!!

Angela123

Reaction score
Hi

I am 40 weeks and 5 days and will be having a membrance sweep tomorrow at 3pm (3am your time).

The thing is, although i know labour is coming soon I am so scared. Im even considering cancelling the sweep. But I know I will regret it if I dont get it done.

So labour could happen anywhere from 20 minutes after the sweep or 48 hours?? Thats if it works at all of course.

I can understand your anticipation. Mine is booked for next week.

I desperately want my baby out, but at the same time, if I think about it too much, I'd rather she stayed in there!!

:hug: :hug: Put it this way, isn't it better to go into labour after a sweep than get to full induction? Thats how I view it. In a way I'm actually looking forward to mine, maybe it will finally get things moving (if I get there of course, which at this rate I will :wall: )

I'm with Lara and I know how you feel. My midwife is going to check on Monday and attempt one if possible. I've spent a lot of time over the last couple of weeks with twinges and just plain wanting to meet my baby. I figure that a sweep is a step closer and that's swept the apprehension out of my mind.

I'm sure it will be fine - talk it through with your midwife or doc and hopefully they can put your mind at ease. :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I have never had a sweep, so I really don't know what to advise. Some people have posted saying that it wasn't as bad as they thought though.

I know labour seems frightening, but you really will surprise yourself. It isn't nice being in pain, but you can get relief and it will end. The result will be really worth it. You will be brilliant, try not to worry. :hug: :hug:

good luck for tommorow hope the sweep does the trick and gets your baby moving towards the exit.
i know its scary after my nati natal class last night i came away feeling more informed and understanding prepared extra
nut also scared out of my little brain about the pain
im sure your sweep will be fine hunny :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

sarah :hug: :wave:

had 2 sweeps - with dd (second baby) went into labour the next day 45 minutes gas and air :) with ds2 third baby had sweep and went into labour within an hour or so - 4 hour labour gas and air - have been told to ask for one this time round too as obviously works for me :lol: - the sweep is really not that bad - no worse than having a smear done - and labour isnt either or I wouldnt be doing it again :) and whatever happens the end result is worth it - good luck look forward to eharing how you get on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back