Just spent 3 days in hospital and now midwife not turned up!

That's crap they have you trailing in for nothing, i wouldn't mind but it doesnt take 2 mins to fax something and you would think with computers they should be able to see everything on there! xx

I feel proper crap today, worse than yesterday, my back is seriously aching tonight too, have only managed to go downstairs for 1/2 an hour and havent even felt well enough to get changed or go outside to see my boys.

I havent heard from midwife today about consultants appointment but she may have some news when I see her tomorrow, I dont know how much longer I can cope with feeling like this, surely they have to do something? Baby is healthy but how long before it affects her too.

My fiancee and his family are soo worried about me.
Ive managed to eat an apple and a bowl of rice krispies so far today. My fiancee has been called into work for a couple of hours but when he comes back he's going to make me a handful of pasta with cheese and run me a bath to see if it will ease my back. Im soo miserable and it seems like Im causing hassle for everyone :(

Aww hun my heart goes out to you, your obviously suffering so much I don't know what to suggest but I totaly agree it cant be doing the baby any good at all. FX midwife can help tomorrow. have you tried a hot water bottle on your back just wrap it up a few times so its not too hot??

You must be really bad if you havnt been out to see your boys. I would say play it up to your midwife but I don't think you could play it up.

Really hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Heya Hun how did yesterday go? Hope you managed to get somewhere, how are you doing today xxx

Awwww just caught up on this hon. You poor poor thing...any news today? How are you feeling?

mummy2b19, thankyou for your support, I really appreciate it.
The midwife sent me back to hospital as bp went up and then up again while with her. They did more bloods etc and dont think Ive got pre eclampsia though have got more protein in my urine. They think its my body saying its had enough and physically can't cope with any more.
They have put me on strict bed bed rest ( not that I can do anything anyway, even getting out of bed to get a drink makes my bp go through the roof and wipes me out ) and they want me to see the midwife again on friday (tomorrow ) and on monday and I have an appointment on wednesday with a consultant so they can discuss calling it a day and inducing me as I will be 37+4 by then.
They think the constant pain in my chest is because baby has run out of room and has her feet and bottom jammed up against my diaphragm ( its agony when I sit up or stand and feels like she is digging a hole through it ) even though there is now only 2/5 ths of her head that isnt engaged and if the codein that I have at home doesnt work then they will re admit me and give me much stronger pain relief. They also weighed me yesterday and I have lost 3kg in less than a month.

omg thats awful, I really hope they induce you its really bad that the consultant wont see you until wednesday, I would say I hope you feel better soon but sounds like thats not going to happen until they get LO out. keep your chin up huni will be thinking about you :) xxx

It didnt. Rang the antenatal clinic yesterday to make an appointment but got told that I have to make it through my gp's surgery who were shut for the day due to staff training!!

My fiance rang the surgery first thing this morning for me as I had a bad night to be told no appointments til 4th January!! Would we like that one, er no because baby will be here then. Receptionist said to ring antenatal back as they should make me one down there as it has to be so soon.

After my fiance argued with them for 15 minutes he finally got it through to them that the hospital had insisted I had to be seen even though I have an appointment on wednesday, well nothing free today but have one for first thing on monday morning. It just beggars belief that they wont take our word for it and to top it off its thick snow outside and still snowing.

I'm sorry you are having such an awful time of it, I'm glad you have your OH to ring up and fight on your behalf because I bet you just don't have the energy for it now.

That's awful Hun I can not belive they would treat u like that, id say complain to higher up but obviously not really what you want to spend your energy on. Hope you feeling bit better tomorrow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back