Just spent 3 days in hospital and now midwife not turned up!

flaxen

Reaction score
I was admitted to hospital on wednesday morning having collapsed while at a dermatology appointment for my allergic itching ( I have really low bp) and they were really worried as my bp had gone through the roof.

They arent really sure what is wrong with me as it keeps fluctuating between high ( for me ) and really low, they took bloods after bloods and still havent come to a conclusion other than I may have pre- eclampsia but its not showing up properly due to my extremily low bp. I also have severe back/ chest pain that goes round in a circle so am pretty much stoned off my head on co- codamol, they have also increased the dose.

They finally let me home yesterday evening on the proviso that I rest ( im only allowed out of bed for a maximum of 1 hr at a time then I have to go back to bed for 3 hrs ) and if I get any worse than I am now then my fiance has to ring them and take me back again ( they will then make a decision wether baby has to come early as am 37wks next week anyway) and that my midwife was coming out to the farm today to do a home visit and plans etc.
Im also not allowed to go any where on my own or be outside without someone with me or in the vicinity.

I have actually been a good girl and have done as they said purely because I still feel shit and physically can't stand for any longer than an hour before I start shaking really badly.

My midwife hasnt even turned up today, I tried ringing at lunchtime but couldnt get an answer and left a message explaining that I hadnt been rung to let me know what time she was coming and that I had been in hospital and they wanted her to check on me today and left my number. Its now almost 6pm and have had no call back and the answer phone message now says for emergencies to ring the labour ward.

This has bugged me just a bit, I havent had anyone talk through any plans or options or what even to expect yet and obviously time is running out now and its making me more stressed and panicy than I already am.

Sorry for the essay.

That sounds really bad hun. My midwives(there are 2) never answer the phone and it gives you an option to let them know you have called so they can ring you back... they never do. Hope you get some answers soon and are not left waiting too long xx

Thats strange i have two mobile numbers for the two midwifes and the one time i called they answered but she said if its late night to call the labour ward... she should have answered her phone or called you back... call someone at the hospital tell them what has happened and get maybe them to call or fax her? good luck xx

I havent been given any mobile numbers for them just the phone number for reception at the antenatal clinic!

Thats no good then! I always thought everyone got the mobile numbers x

Oh no Hun, u really do have to take care of yourself. Sounds like it would be best for you and baby if he/she did arrive soon. I really hope your midwife does turn up, I would call the labour ward and find out what's going on as they would have her mobile. Take it easy honey and continue to do as asked by the doctors xxx

Ring labour ward thats what my midwife says if no one answers on there number, god what is it with the midwifes!! X

That is awful, I hope she comes around tomorrow and you don't get any worse so you can stay at home for a while anyway.

My midwife came today, she wasnt well yesterday and had asked for someone to ring me to tell me but they didnt.
She isnt happy with me, my bp has gone up again since friday, there is protein in my urine and I still feel shite, am struggling to do anything. She has arranged for another home visit tomorrow and wants my consultant to see me asap this week, she thinks that as I am 37 weeks next week anyway that it would be better for a decision to be made to induce me sooner rather than later as baby is healthier than I am.

I havent even managed to bring my horses in tonight as I physically couldnt do it, so my fiance and his dad are going to put a hay rack in the field for them tomorrow and try and rig a shelter/ wind break for them incase they have to stay out more.

Thanks for all your support guys, I really appreciate it.

Aw hope ur ok hun. Big hugs. Let us know how you get on after seeing your consultant. It seems your having such an awful time at the moment xx

Yeah keep us updated Hun id come help with the horses if I lived closer, hope u feel Better soon atleast baby is healthy and they're actualy trying to sort you out xxx

Let us know how you are feeling! It really doesn't sound very nice what you are going through. I can't believe how the NHS has let you down - actually I can because I'm sure the same thing would happen near me with how useless they've seemed so far when I've dealt with them. Can your OH not bring the horses in for you and do them for a couple of days so you at least know they are okay in? I don't mind leaving mine out but worry a bit in winter if theyve got used to being in.

You poor thing, and worrying about the horses isnt going to help either!

Midwives are rubbish! I'm furious with mine, I rang at 9am this morning saying i was worried and had to leave an answerphone message and it says that unless its an emergency someone will come back to me within 48 hrs! For gods sake! How do I know if its an emergency? But waiting just these last 4 hrs has stressed me out and probably rocketed my blood pressure! Gah

Hi guys, I dont feel any better at all. The midwife came and bp is still up but no higher than yesterday but they want to see me again on wednesday unless I get worse tomorrow, baby is fine almost 2/5 engaged she said ( what ever that means ).

She is having problems getting a consultant appointment as my consultant is completly fully booked on thursday ( over flowing she said ) so can't physically fit me in and there is no clinic next thursday due to christmas!!! What the hell???!!!

Basically there is no appointments til 29th dec when I already have one booked to see her ( midwife says this isnt good enough ) so is going to try and see if she can sort something else out as she isnt happy that I am just being left as I am.

Managed to get up this afternoon as needed to get rest of things for my bag so its ready ( midwifes orders ) andhad some prescriptions to pick up only to get to doctors surgery to find that the hospital never faxed the request across from last wednesday so they arent ready and cant read my copy so they have to ring the hospital to find out what it was so it will be another few days. I GIVE UP!!

That's outrageous! Bloody stupid NHS, FX the midwife can sort something out for you, chin up Hun hoping you start feeling a bit better soon and u get to cuddle you little one soon xxx

Its rubbish, i think sometimes they forget they are dealing with peoples health and lives. I had a consultant appointment last thursday at 3:10. I didnt get called in until 5:15 then to be told the consultant wasnt in that day. I ouldnt believe it why not tell people when they arrived for the appointment or even better ring and tell hem. There was loadsof very pregnant women sat in a hot tuffy waiting room for nothing.

Heya how u feeling have you got any further with your consultants apointment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back