Spent another night in hospital

MaryLouise

Reaction score
Every time I go to the consultant I get the pleasure of NHS hospitlity! For the third Thursday in a row I have had extremely high BP, this week being 155/109 despite being on the highest dose of medication that I am allowed and everytime I get on the ward I feel like I'm wasting their time as it comes back down to a reasonable level again. The midwives casually say that is fine and that means I can probably go home! They are rubbish! I think students are the better cos they want to show eager and do everything by the book. Well this week all they did was keep me waiting, didnt tell me that my urine was 2+ until they were letting me go home but I told the Dr that I didnt wanna go unless they had a plan cos I am getting fed up with going back and forth with no answers. The registrar said that had my BP remained as high as it was when I first arrived I would've been induced but as it had come down a bit 142/90 they would send me home and see me every other day to do BP, wee test and CTG, they want to get me to at least 36 weeks unless it becomes an emergency before they take action. I've kind of got my hopes up that they will help get bubs out soon cos as it is at the moment I am getting very depressed with the constant headaches, blurred vision and generally feeling unwell. I know I shouldnt really think this but I'm hoping that my BP will be high again and that they make plans for an induction sooner rather than later, I'm pretty sure we are both safer if we part company and become two seperate bodies, I dont want to end up with full blown eclampsia!

I don't know much about PE but here's some hugs :hug: :hug:

x

Hun, if you have seen my thread, you will know that I understand exactly how you are feeling!!

I'll PM you now :hug: xx

What is it with hospitals and not wanting to induce women who blatantly have pre eclampsia!?!?!

Hope they don't mess you about any longer. The only cure for it is to deliver but obviously they'll want you to hang on as long as possible.

Take care :hug:

Really sorry you are going through this hun :hug: I know from very personal experience that they probably won't induce you at the stage of pregnancy you are at unless they lose control of your symptoms..i.e if ya dips go upto 4+ and your BP starts going up n staying up. I am very suprised and quite disgusted that they haven't had you in on bed rest though cos all this backwards and forwards to the hospital isn't helping is it! My son was born at 34 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia which turned to full blown eclampsia the night he was born. They did try to induce me that night but i wasn't ripe enough so it was a no go - i ended up having to have a general anaesthetic c-section. Have you had any steroid injections to help develop baby's lungs along a bit? Please keep everything crossed for yourself that they can get you past 36 weeks darlin cos you are more likely to have a vaginal delivery and successful induction and baby will be better for having had that extra bit of time inside. I honestly do know how frustrated and frightened you must be feeling :hug: but try and hang on in there cos it will be better for bubs :hug: they can't really do a plan of action with you darlin cos this bloody condition is so sodding unpredictable.. all they can do is keep monitoring you closely for the indicators that they are losing control and then get little one born asap as soon as that happens.. it might seem like they are conspiring against you in this but honestly they aren't.. they are just trying to get you as far along as possible - i know this from my own experience :hug: :hug: drop me a PM if you want some support via text messaging lovely ok :) my heart goes out to you xxxxxx

I hope they decide to induce you soon hun :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back