Just realised how little I know!

NatC

Reaction score
At work on Friday a couple of mums started talking to me about what I was thinking of buying in terms if pram, cot, accessories etc and I suddenly realised that I'm absolutely clueless! What the hell do I actually need to buy and when???? And there are like a million different prams that do a million different things, how do I know what I want a pram to do?? I'm absolutely confused.com! :wall2:

Wow! Thanks hun, how can one little baby need all that??? Think I need to start shopping! Xx

As far as the pram goes, I think it is absolutely mad how much some of them cost, and with many people I know I get the impression that they buy the really expensive ones more as a status symbol than anything else.:roll: Personally, I want my pushchair to be safe and comfortable for my baby, and not to fall apart after 2 weeks, and that's about it...

Don't rush out and buy anything. Be careful when buying a buggy. In my mind the most important thing, is whether you drive a car and how often will you be putting it in the boot of that car.

I boght quite a flash 3-wheeler, but it was so big and bulky I couldn't lift in through the entrance to the boot of my car. And I hadn't even had a caesarean or anything, what if I had?

In my opinion, the Maclaren buggies are best, as the more expensive maclarens are well padded, suit newborns, easy to steer, easy to fold and lift, and they will last a full 3 years with ease. I still have Samuels and intend to use it again.

In my opinion, the Maclaren buggies are best, as the more expensive maclarens are well padded, suit newborns, easy to steer, easy to fold and lift, and they will last a full 3 years with ease. I still have Samuels and intend to use it again.

Yes, after seeing the astronomical prices that you can pay for a buggy (one that we looked at came to £750 with a car seat and carrycot :shock:) we've decided to go for a Maclaren after the baby is born. They seem to be much more affordable (~£150), lighter and more easier to fold. Plus, it's the most common buggy we've seen around so that's got to mean something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back