Just had a positive test

Yoshi

Reaction score
Hello all! I've literally just signed up here, I really need some help and advice!

Today, in work of all places I took a pregnancy test and it came up as positive. If I'm honest it was a complete shock, I was flapping around the place not knowing whether to laugh, cry or what! So now that I'm home, I'm wondering what to do next, whether the test can be wrong? A million and one questions whirling around in my head, so any advice would be helpful please ladies!

Welcome to Pregnancy Forum :wave:

As Mervs Mum said, pregnancy tests aren't often wrong. The first thing you need to do is call your doctor and make an appointment, although some will just advise you to make a booking appointment with a midwife when you get to about 8 weeks :)

:wave: Welcome and congratulations!!

Is this news a complete shock or were you ttc??
Ive heard positives are rarely wrong but if it makes you feel better i would test again to put your mind at ease and so you can go onto the next step.

xxx

Congrats hun, wishing you all the best.
If you think it will make you more at ease do another test tomorrow or a few days time.
Then go see doctor and explain how you feel and that you think you may/are pregnant and take things from there.
Welcome to PF

Thankyou everyone =D

I wasn't TTC (it took me a while then to understand what that stood for lol!), I finished my pill at the end of october/beginning of November, and due to being really busy with work (I work at a jewellers and as you can imagine it is super busy around Christmas) and family issues it completely just went out of my mind to go to the doctors and get another prescription. Naive I know! My last period started on the 15th of November and finished after about 7 days, I spotted for a day or two a couple of weeks ago but nothing else, so I'm really not sure about all this date business!

hiya, welcome to the forum!
any problems then all the friendly people on here will be able to help you so don't bottle anything up! x

Morning all! Thankyou for my congratulations =]
I hardly slept last night thinking about everything, but I'm off to the doctors later on so hopefully I'll feel a little less 'clueless', I'll keep you posted!

good luck at the docs, be prepared for them to just tell you to make an appointment with the midwife though, I think a lot of people (including me!) who go to the docs end up feeling a little deflated with their lack of enthusiasm....hopefully yours is better that mine though :)

Congratulations, sounds like you're only a couple of weeks behind me, blimey we really are having a bumper August lol!!

Thankyoou =] I rang the doctors and they could only fit me in tomorrow at 4:20 unfortunately. I went and got another test, the clearblue digital and it says positive and that I'm 3+ weeks pregnant, scary stuff but there is a slight burst of excitement!

wow congrats hun :) aww really hope it works out for you relax and enjoy :D xx

Hey all! I had my appointment with the GP today, he was very nice thank goodness!! He worked out I'm around 9 weeks pregnant, gave me folic acid tablets to take each day and got me an appointment at the anti-natal clinic for the 02 Feb, all good so far :)

Glad everything went ok with the doctor and he has sorted everything out for you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back