24 week midwife appointment

fayebalina

Reaction score
Hi every1 I just had my 24 week appointment.
It was so funny....took ages to check bumps heartbeat as he kept moving and kicking the doppler to bits!
My midwife also told me I was big for my time and if i carried on growing like this she will refere me for another scan at 32 weeks! She also said that if bump was a big baby.....nothing would be done about it......but at least ill be prepared for the birth.......ouch!

I've always been told that my bump and baby are small for my gestation.
However I went for my 36 week antenatal and there was a student midwife in the room as well as a registered midwife. The student midwife felt my belly for ages (about 10mins) as she was learning what different bits feel like and they both said at the end of it that baby is a very good size :shock:
Don't worry about it. Big babies often don't have to have special care so you can bring your bundle home straight away!!! :lol:

Hmmm the baby may not need special care but im betting my poor perineum will lol.
Quite looking forward to another scan lol!

I'm still feeling miffed that I didn't get a 24 wk appt. When I phoned up the hospital to ask about it they weren't at all helpful. I'm going to see my GP next week, just 'cos I think someone ought to look at me and my bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back