Just had 1st appointment at fertility clinic

sazzle77

Reaction score
Hi there

Not been on for a while as been waiting for DH to get results back from urologist. They said count not great but is still possible to get pregnant and so referred us to fertility clinic so that I can get checked out.

I've already had my blood tests that show I'm ovulating so they need to check my fallopian tubes out now. She gave me 2 options - one being a laporoscapy under general aenesthetic and the second being Hysterosalpingogram where they insert a catheter and inject dye into the neck of your womb. I've opted for the second one as means can be done sooner and won't need time off work (am self-employed so can be tricky). I just wondered if anyone has had this done and their experience with it. Does it find out as much as a laporoscopy would?? Am just concerned as have family history of PCOS and endometriosis.

Overall though good experince at the fertility clinic - from being referred had my appointment with them 3 weeks later. I now just need to phone them when I get my AF and they can book me in for my procedure. In the meantime DH has to produce his 3rd sample for analysis (At least he has the fun part!!) :lol:

Hi

I've had one. It was fine. I wasn't looking forward to it as i'd had a look on the internet 1st!! But it didn't hurt at all. Take some painkillers about half an hour before just in case and you should be fine.

A HSG is less invasive than a laproscopy. If the dye doesn't run freely with the HSG, this could indicate your tubes are blocked and they will then do the laproscopy. A HSG cant check for endo and a scan & blood test should show if you you have PCOS.

Hope this helps,

Michelle x

I'm having a HSG on Monday!
I had a laparoscopy when I was in school as they suspected an ovarian cyst. My consultant reckons a HSG is better for checking fertility though and a friend of mine had it done when she was having trouble conceiving and says it went ok! Like shell said, she advised taking painkillers before we go too!

Good Luck!
Love Polly xxx

Thanks to you both you've made me feel a lot better. Had never heard of a HSG before - seen it wrote on here before but was a little clueless :? .

Polly - good luck on Monday with yours, you'll have to let us know how you get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back