What to expect on 1st appointment of the fertility clinic

denice

Reaction score
Hi,

I received my referal to the fertility clinic about a week ago, and I am now starting to feel slightly anxious of what to expect.

I have recieved no information about what might happen and I am so scared they will turn around and tell me to stop wasting their time!

So i was just wondering whether anyone could just give me an idea of what to expect so i feel prepared!

Thanks

Denice x

Firstly dont worry! :hug: :hug:

They'll probably take some blood to test for rubella immunisation, and a swab from down below to test for chlamydia. Depending on your cycle day they may also take blood to check your hormone levels.

Other than that it will just be a chat to get your history etc and explain the process to you.

I know how scary it can be, but once your in the care of the fertility clinic they really do take good care of you :hug: :hug: :hug:

For our first appointment they just talked through our TTC history and medical history, my cycle history etc. I'd already had blood tests done by GP so didn't have those repeated.

because of where i was in my cycle he did a transvaginal ultrasound to assess my ovaries.

we were then made a follow-up appointment for 2 months time.

I imagine its a bit different for everyone as every consultant is different and everyones situation is different as well.

Goodluck

mine was very much the same,

your first appointment is usually to assess your situation and general health so they can decide the best way to go about helping you.

dont worry about it Hun, you'll be fine :hug:

Thanks girls!

At least i have an idea now, will just have to wait until beginning of jan now and hope they get me sorted.

howdee
sorry for late reply, promised myself that i would have a ttc thought free xmas :lol:
i also have my fist app with fertility clinic on 8th jan so i must be at the same stage as you. i have had my day 21 blood tests, an ultrasound and oh has sperm tests so now up to my fertility clinic referral. is yr oh going with you? my hospital only has early afternoon appointments and oh works 30 miles away and cant take time off :( xx

hey,

really sorry your oh cant be going with you and i hope everything goes okay!

My appointment on the 9th jan, and luckily its in the morning so oh is able to come with me, which is great cos im a worrier so i need all the support i can get

Good luck

Denice x

howdee :wave:
ha ha im a worrier too and i have a manic fear of hospitals, the smell, idea of blood etc :oops: so i have got my mum to come with me :)

gd luck on the 9th, im hoping they will just talk and explain what happens next. i'll let you know what they say, take care xx

Sorry for late reply -

But i have my 2nd appointment on 20th Feb, we went just before xmas to Roehampton Hospital. They were lovely. The nurse made both of us repeat all the tests we had done with our doctors, we was unhappy with the results so they wanted to make sure themselves what the results were. I also have to have a HCG in the meantime (next cycle) then i'm hoping on the 20th we will know more about what they will be doing going forward....

I'm sure you all feel the same, but i just want to know and get started with it......

I will keep you posted on here of my journey, maybe you all will too.

Good luck to all of you, sending babydust and a BFP for this year......

Hi :wave:
Thanks for that. My oh cant go tomorrow due to just going back to work after xmas so im going on my own. i just have to take a urine sample.
im like you, i just want to get started onto the next step now and find out wots wot
xx

Hey,

Just thought i'd pop and say good luck this afternoon. Really hope it goes well for you!!

Denice x

ahh thanks matie :)
i finish work at two and go straight to hospital. i was up early to do my sample (dont worry its still in the car boot, not at my desk :lol: ) and i have put my best undies on just in case :wink: .
i'll let you know how i get on xxx

Hope all goes well for you.

I have just got my date for my first appointment - 18 Feb - even though I was referred FOUR MONTHS AGO! I dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing - just waiting for our appointment was torture, so if we had to go to the bottom of any other lists it will be devastating!

J x

hey, really hope it went well! Cant wait until tomorrow to get this out of the way and hopefully get nearer to getting myBFP!

Hopeu and your OH have had some good news

Denice x

hey denice
hope all went well. my hospital cocked up with the app and i was sent to warrington hospital when the consultant was apparently in halton hospital.
when i got the warrington hospital to fone halton to say i wasnt able to get there in time, the fertility clinic had been closed all day as the consultant off on holiday!!! i had to go back to my docs yesterday and get referred again so i am now waiting for new appointment, so disappointed :(
how did you get on?

so sorry hun!

Stupid hospitals!!!

Well i got a phone call just before i was leaving to say that the dr was off sick and they wouldnt be able to see me!!!

So i totally understand how your feeling really sucks!

Mine new appointment is 21st jan, have they given you another one?

Denice x

so sorry hun!

Stupid hospitals!!!

Well i got a phone call just before i was leaving to say that the dr was off sick and they wouldnt be able to see me!!!

So i totally understand how your feeling really sucks!

Mine new appointment is 21st jan, have they given you another one?

Denice x

:wave:
omigod how spooky is that? we both had our app cancelled ha ha.

no due to that stupid new choose and book nhs system i have to get my doctor to refer me again and wait for another appointment to come through the post. hopefully i should get the letter in the next few weeks. i was well fed up tho cos i am chocker in work and worked through two lunches so i could go early and i dragged my poor mum with me too. good news is that i moaned and moaned and my oh is coming next time even if he does have to shuffle his meetings around 8) xx

hi.

Had my first appointment at the fertility clinic and the staff there were brilliant! I have to have loads of test now and also lose some weight and hopefully be pregnant soon!

Baileys-Angel have you got your appointment yet?

Denice x

Hey yoo :wave:
That sounds great, at least things are starting to move for you now.
ha ha i am debating whether to start back at my slimming world class tonite, i havent been since christmas and im scared !!

hmmmmm no i am still awaiting my new appointment. i spoke to the doctors two weeks ago and they chased up the hospital for me and then i phoned the docs back yesterday and the hospital had apparently sent my appointment out in Fridays post. i will see if its there when i get home from work, if not then i will flip as i have been waiting since 9th november!! i am starting to panic as it will be another month gone by, i will be 36 in september so time is getting precious. Take care xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back