Just called the Doc's.....

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hey!

I called the Doc's on Wednesday to let them know i'm pregnant and the receptionist didn't really seem to know what she needed to do but took my details and said she 'thinks' she needs to fax them to the midwife :wall2:.

So today I thought 'sod it i'll ring them to check she did what she's supposed to do' so I did and this receptionist was sooo much better!! She said 'yep the midwife has your details and your first appointment with her will be 13th November!!!! She said the midwife would make contact nearer the time!!

I'm sooo relieved I called them back because I wasn't going to because I didn't want to seem like some mad nuerotic pregnant woman! :lol:

So roll on 13th November! :)

xxx

Congrats Claire! I bet you cant wait! I called the docs yesterday, and just booked an apointment - not sure if Im supposed to see the doc or the midwife? oh well, we'll see!

Thanks Naomi! It's really confusing isn't it! I just called and said "i'm pregnant what happens now" lol

xxx

Yeah they don't seem to know what to do. Mine just said, ok I will arrange the midwife to call. So that's how all mine got sorted! You'd think they would have a better knowledge consideringthey are healthcare professionals! X

I didn't want to seem like some mad nuerotic pregnant woman! :lol:

That's me!! :) Been to the doctor a couple of times and the EPU and had an early internal scan. But that is because I had spotting and when I went to the hospital last week got a :bfn:. Turns out it was just too early! :) Still, I am so paranoid now. But calming down a bit now that I have seen the sac.

I hope the next few weeks go well for you!

xx

Flopsy i'd be exactly the same if i'd have had spotting!!

I text my OH to tell him and said 'i'll be 9weeks 1 day then and he said 'time is going to really fly now'!! :)

xxx

I just noticed that I am only a couple of days ahead of you!

xx

Ah good for you clairebear that's lovely news :)

I think Im the same time as Flopsy - how exciting!

When I went to the doctors I ahd to tell the receptionist to book my midwife app in .. think she said it would be in 5 weeks time from when I was there, but that the midwife will call me to arrange an app personally!

x

LOL you're all so patient!! I was back and forward quite a bit! My next appointment is on the 28th, I will be 7wks1day then. I really hope they hear the heartbeat. I am already terriefied that they won't. :roll:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back