Drs?

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
Well I made an appointment to get it all confirmed for Thursday coming... OH couldn't get the time off and he wanted to be there so called today to change the appointment and explained to the receptionist that I was pregnant and wanted to get it confirmed. She asked me how far on I am and said she would get me booked in with the midwife!

Anyway the midwife is going to be away when im 8 weeks so she is booking me in early so she can have it done before she goes on holiday, she is going to call me tomorrow morning to book me in and give me an appointment.

The thing is dont they wanna confirm it? or will the midwife???

I also spoke to a Dr about taking something for my rash and he says I should be ok with Piraton (sp) so at least I wont be itchy :lol:

None of my pregnancies have been confirmed in that way (till the 12 week scan anyway!)

Your midwife will prolly ask if you did a HPT and if so take that as enough confirmation!

Midwife just called me back and my booking in appointment has been made for the 28th of August... its bloody ages away :(

I had my booking in appointment at 9 weeks hun so thats probably quite normal. Docots dont tend to confirm pregnancies anymore, they just take your word for it :hug: :hug:

Thats about right hun, the first time the midwife sees you is around 8/9wks for your booking in appointment - will take your and OH medical history, do blood tests etc, and refer you for your 12 wk scan. :D

Still waiting to hear about mine :roll:

woopwoop im so excited....

said ive gotta call at reception for my pregnancy pack :dance: :dance:

they didnt confirm mine, other than the nurse doing a crappy test which apparently only faintly showed it. i then met the midwife when i was 5 weeks as she was off on hols after that. i guess we'll know for sure at my 12 week scan eh? LoL. I dont think i cant not be with all these symptoms im having!

A
x

When you say midwife do you get allocated to one who will look after you all the way through?
I'm laughing at the doctors will just believe you :rotfl: 2 doctors didnt and a doctor at my surgery wasnt convinced even when I plonked 8 positive tests on his table :lol:

I tell you something girls, there's nothing like being told your hcg number to suddenly make it all seem real :hug:

Hi ladies, I took my digital test into the docs and showed her and she just said congratulations. I think the ones they use are more or less the same so they dont really need to confirm anything, they just go by your test. Ive got the midwife coming out to me this thursday when i will be 7+1, they like to get you all booked in now before you have your 8-10wk blood test, Ive already been booked in for the hospital 12 week scan at 13wks :wall: :wall: thats on 15th september and then i cant be seen in hospital clinic until 6th october when i will be 16wks. I know im pregnant all the tests and symptoms tell me so but i still wont quite believe it till ive seen it with my own eyes :hug: :hug: :hug:

hi miss brightside, :wave:
i am 10 weeks today :cheer: My first midwife appointment is not til 2 weeks on thursday (21/08) so i think mine is pretty late too! i will be 12 weeks and 3 days to be exact!!!
i have my scan first which is on thursday!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

hiya
i will be 8+6wks when i have my booking appt with the midwife 2wks tomorrow yey :cheer: get my early scan on wed morn i cant wait .... nervous too,i had to give doc a sample they sent it to lab and came back pos, so i guess thats confirmation isnt it?? :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back