Just been to the dentist...

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
For the first time in three years, and have been told I need three fillings. THREE!!! I've never had any before so I'm well nervous already! Got them booked for october so I have lots of time to worry hehe.
Dentist says I'm fine to have anaesthetic, is this right?? The dental nurse sounded a bit unsure and he was just like 'oh yeah, I reckon it'll be fine'....didn't give me much confidence lol.

You'll be fine, my first experience I had two, I think it's best to get them done at once!!

I was told 6 months ago that next time I would need two, but different chap said everything's fine. I reckon they're waiting till I have to pay and then be told I need them! As I was expecting to have two done today I thought about it and was happy to have anasethetic, as it's only local and pretty far away from baby.

my dentist wont do any treatment involving numbing unless dire emergency he keeps just giving me temp fillings he believes better safe than sorry but i think it is ok

Oh my goodness, I am so dreading going to the dentist, i've been really putting it off because I think I'm going to need a filling. I've never had any before, but had to have some baby teeth removed when I was younger and the thought having of the injection again just weirds me out SO much. I have a stupidly high pain threshold, so I have no idea why I can't cope with that, but, yuk. I think I'll leave it another few months before I make an appointment!!! Sorry - that's the most negative post EVER! I am sure you'll be fine, I get weirded out by the strangest things! xx

Hehe bethanyann, fingers crossed for when you do go! At least it's free at the moment lol :)
I had loads of cosmetic work done on my teeth over about 6 years and had teeth removed, braces, retainers etc, but the idea of a filling still scares me. I think dental work is the worst cos you can't see what's going on and I for one seem to make up all sorts of images in my head!

When i had mine i didn have any numbing they just drilled and they put it in. I didnt feel any pain just a bit of pushing down.
I hate the dentist but this restored my faith xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back