I've taken the plunge!

Lilelephant

Reaction score
and booked a dentist appointment at the new dentist down the road!
I have a proper phobia of dentist and last went 3 years ago when i passed out from an absess! my teeth r a bit bad to be honest, i have had a couple break at the back. I do clean my teeth twice a day etc etc but just not a fan of the dentist, infact the dental waiting room usually causes a panic attack! embarrassing!
It was also cos i know i need a lot of work done and i couldnt really afford it, but now i have no excuse as it is free.......................i am already crapping myself but i know its the right thing to do as i dont want to be ashamed of my teeth! at the moment my front teeth r ok and dont notice when i smile that the back r not so good! eeek

i feel the same as u!

i hate the dentist, i would rather suffer in pain than actually go!

my friend who is a dentist (but lovely so i cant hold it against him), he has a surgery in aberdeen so i couldnt go to him for the work i needed done, so i emailed him for advice and what he told me was rather interesting.

i needed to get my tooth pulled (argh) he suggested this or a root canal, but said getting it extracted would be better int he long run, this freaked me out even more due to the fact the last time i got a tooth pulled i ended up having to get stitches!
But he told me that the sooner i go the better as it will then be over and done with as much as we hate them, it is for the best sweetie.

He also mentioned, that toothache/stress over going to dentist is not good for unborn babies, it causes them stress too as much as we think it wont, it does.
I nearly passed out when i had to go and was shaking so much she had to give me some lucozade!
But its out now and i have no more dental worries so i can now enjoy eating and my pregnancy!

I really feel for u sweetie, but its best to get it over and done with. explain to the dentist that your really nervous and pregnant, they will take extra care of u...well they should do :) x

Mrs MC, i know exactly how you feel - i am the same!!! Last time i went i had a panic attack in the dentists chair, i absolutely hate it. I need to have about 6 fillings in my back teeth and i know i should go but i keep putting it off!! I will go soon...:fib:

similar here, went to a new dentist, needed three fillings. New dentist was really nice and put me at ease, apparently I went just in time and avoided the need for root canal treatment.

Best to get it done when it's free too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back