Just back from 36wk Growth Scan...

Dee83

Reaction score
Well i'm actually 35+5wks. All is fine with LO. Didn't have appt with midwife or consultant after as they couldn't fit me in (again!) so i'm seeing consultant on Thursday.

He's head down but the sonographer said that they can't tell if he's engaged by looking at the scan - How do they find out if it's engaged, is it an internal exam?

He's now weighing in at 6lb7!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As i didn't get to talk to anyone after i don't know exactly what he should be now although i've just googled it and looks like he's weighing in at a whole pound more than average at 36wks :shock: The sonographer did comment on him being a big baby! I'm scared!

xxx

Midwife can normally tell by feeling around your pelvis as they will be able to feel how much of the head is not engaged. xx

No pics, she couldn't get any good ones unfortunately.

Thanks Nikki. I don't see a midwife anymore, just a consultant every 2weeks so i will get him to have a feel for me on Thurs :)

the consultant will just squeeze around the pelvis area to see how far down they are.. if at all..

Sometimes they can press on really hard and its a little uncomfortable but usually fine!

i heard bigger babies are easier to deliver??? not sure if theres any truth in that though!! xx

I gave birth to my dd at 36 week she was 6lb 6oz so he sounds about average tbh

Aww don't worry about baby being big. I know lots of people who've been told their baby is huge and then been born a couple of pounds lighter. And even if he is a biggie at least you know he's healthy ay :) xx

Glad it went well. They have a good feel of the pelvis to check for head engagement. Pea was 5lb4 at 33 weeks so I'm expecting a similar weight to yours at 36 weeks :) x

Glad all is well, they can't weigh them for sure and it's normally not accurate so don't panic xxxx

The sonographer said that he will prob put on at least half a lb a week now until birth which depending on when he arrives could mean at least a 9lber. I know it's only an estimate but i can't help worrying about how i will cope getting him out! I know a couple of people who had terrible births and they had big babys.
I'm sure it will be fine, just gotta think positive!!! :)

Did they give u any advice on ur MS and delirvey?

No cos they couldn't fit me in to see a mw or consultant so just had the scan and then left. Seeing the consultant on Thursday so hoping to discuss it then. xxx

My midwife said about 1lb put on over the last 3 weeks of pregnancy so saying 1/2lb a week is a high estimation from your sonographer. Try not to worry honey, we all have no idea what weight our babies will be and my midwife guessed I would have a "healthy" sized baby of 8lb something and wouldn't specify the something inferring the higher end?!

are you able to elect for a caesarean because of your MS? xx

I'm not too sure to be honest although i don't think i would opt for a c-section anyway, if i could avoid it, as apparantly it would take me alot longer than others to recover afterwards and having the spinal block really worries me too, what with MS predominately affecting the brain and spinal cord. I'm just praying that he will come a bit early so that he doesn't get too big! :lol: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back