Back from growth scan

Katy_89

Reaction score
He's small. I didn't get much by way of explanation. I was just told that I have to come back for another scan 2 weeks today and to see a consultant. And that based on today's measurements he's below the 10th centile so will likely be under 6lbs if he gets to 40 weeks. I didn't get an actual estimated weight at present so I need to find a website where it will tell me if I put the measurements in.

When she was measuring his tummy I could see on the screen and his AC measurement was saying "EDD (based on measurement)- 14th March" then she did another which said "EDD- 13th March" and then another which said "EDD- 18th March" so he must be pretty small as I'm actually due 17th Feb
icon_sad.gif

xx

:hug: Honey. It's like you said, it's not surprising after all your illness that bubba's a little on the small side. Small but perfectly formed :) :hug:

Oh hun :hug: If you arn't happy or content within the next 2 weeks definitly go for a re-scan, even if it is just to calm yourself.. I done it and am glad, thats what they are there for :hug: Remember later scans can be off up to 3 weeks, at my scan yesterday put baby at 40 weeks 1 day and todays put baby at 37 weeks exactly.. Did they put it down to your sickness? Or did they just talk generally x

Im sure he would have got all the nutrients he needs, he is just smaller and thats not surprising because of your sickness. Try not to worry, he is going full term and Im sure he is going to be just fine :hug:

Oh hun :hug: If you arn't happy or content within the next 2 weeks definitly go for a re-scan, even if it is just to calm yourself.. I done it and am glad, thats what they are there for :hug: Remember later scans can be off up to 3 weeks, at my scan yesterday put baby at 40 weeks 1 day and todays put baby at 37 weeks exactly.. Did they put it down to your sickness? Or did they just talk generally x

They didn't really say. I only saw the person who did the scan. She just said baby is small and that I need rescanning in two weeks. Apparently they can only get accurate measurements with a 2 week gap between or something. And that I'll see a consultant to discuss it after the next scan. But now I wish I'd asked more about what it meant.

I found an online calc to convert those measurements into a weight. Depending which formula is applied it's anywhere between 3lb 11ozs and 4lb 7ozs.

xx

Dont forget in the last few weeks they have a little growth spurt - if your sickness is under control then perhaps he will grow a little bit more :)

I just feel like it's my fault because I can't stop being sick :( xx

Katy don't blame yourself, you have had a rough pregnancy hun :hug: I was the same, I thought of all the questions I should have asked.. when I got home :lol: Write them down as you think of them so you know what you are going to say at the next app and you should go home a bit more content :hug: Some are born small and some big, he will be a perfect little man xx

Think it might be worth me buying some tiny baby clothes off ebay just in case. At the moment the smallest I have is up to 10lbs which will drown him if he is small xx

Don't blame yourself hun :hug: you have had a really rough time and done your best to eat what you can. I hope he has a lovely spurt in the next 2 weeks xx

I know a woman (a friend of mine) who gave birth a couple of weeks ago to a little boy, she smoked throughout her pregnancy unashamedly and he was born 6lb 1oz - that is someone who should be blaming herself NOT you! :hug:

I know a woman (a friend of mine) who gave birth a couple of weeks ago to a little boy, she smoked throughout her pregnancy unashamedly and he was born 6lb 1oz - that is someone who should be blaming herself NOT you! :hug:

I can't imagine doing something like that. But then again I've never smoked and now that it's meant to be really addictive so I guess I can't really judge xx

:hug: Don't blame yourself - you've done everything you possibly can to be as healthy as you can be for the last 35 weeks. Remember they do gain about 1/2lb a week for the last few weeks, so he might not be a 10lber but he'll be absolutely fine :hug:

:hug: oh sweetie, it's not your fault :hug: boot's smaller clothes if you need it, but i don't think you will, i had a growth scan and they do get it wrong honey :hug: xxx

Don't you blame yourself hun :hug: You've been through so much :(

I can cope with him being small, but I don't want him in special care or anything because of it. I've been good so far though and stayed away from google. I think I'll be better off actually speaking to my MW because google always gives worst case xx

His size won't affect his lungs hun, he should be fine :hug:

It's NOT your fault you've been ill - you've quite obviously had a really rough ride and regardless, the doctors have looked after you and you may have been sick but your baby, like Mamafy said, has had all your nutrients which , although not helping YOU , has helped him grow fine :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: I know I'd be worrying too but please try not to :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back