Just a very random question!

Lewis'mummy

Reaction score
Just a very random question to ask what everybody calls their evening meal. lol!
I have always called it tea but my OH tells me i'm common and it is called dinner!
He has breakfast, lunch and dinner and i have breakfast, dinner then tea.
:cheer: :rotfl:

I'm like your OH - I have breakfast, lunch and dinner. Except on a Sunday, when it's breakfast, lunch then tea.

I'm with your OH i'm afraid, breakfast lunch and dinner.

My nan calls her lunch, dinner and her dinner, supper!! I always laugh at her for saying supper because I think it sounds really old fashioned, but then she also says frock instead of dress and five and twenty to, instead of twenty five to!! Bless her :roll:

Lewis'mummy said:
Just a very random question to ask what everybody calls their evening meal. lol!
I have always called it tea but my OH tells me i'm common and it is called dinner!
He has breakfast, lunch and dinner and i have breakfast, dinner then tea.
:cheer: :rotfl:

i have breakfast dinner and tea too.

evemarie8 said:

My nan calls her lunch, dinner and her dinner, supper!! I always laugh at her for saying supper because I think it sounds really old fashioned, but then she also says frock instead of dress and five and twenty to, instead of twenty five to!! Bless her :roll:
lol just read that, funny :rotfl:

evemarie8 said:

Sometimes I have breakfast, dinner, tea and THEN supper coz I am greedy, and the baby likes its supper (normally I just have cheese on toast or something)

frangelle said:
Sometimes I have breakfast, dinner, tea and THEN supper coz I am greedy, and the baby likes its supper (normally I just have cheese on toast or something)

Well aren't you the greedy one :shakehead: !! I mean I would never snack between meals :shakehead: (she says whilst opening a twix and a can of diet coke!!)
:rotfl:
innoc.gif

Breakfast dinner and tea. If I have summit anytime after 8 I call it supper.

Me - breakfast, lunch, and dinner

OH - breakfast, dinner, and tea

I say breakfast dinner and tea.

When I use to go to my nans, as a kid, I use to get so confused she would say what would you like for your dinner and I would think I already had my dinner lol

evemarie8 said:
frangelle said:

Well aren't you the greedy one :shakehead: !! I mean I would never snack between meals :shakehead: (she says whilst opening a twix and a can of diet coke!!)
:rotfl:
innoc.gif

This morning i have eaten 2 pieces of toast, a packet of wotsits, a go ahead bar and banana :shock:

Growing up I always called it breakfast, dinner and tea cos that's what my parents called it.

Now I've got into the habit of Breakfast, lunch and dinner cos thats what OH says.

Up here a lot of people call dinner/tea 'supper'

Supper for me has always been a bowl of creal or toast before bedtime. (Try not to do that too often!)

frangelle said:
This morning i have eaten 2 pieces of toast, a packet of wotsits, a go ahead bar and banana :shock:

Oh God, don't start me of on Wotsits, I love them!!!! There are some under my desk but the packets are so noisy, everyone in the office would know I was busy scoffing my face :oops:

I had toast this morning too, with marmalade but it gave me heartburn :wall:

And a twix.................

And an apple..................

FFS, I am sooo greedy!!!!!!! :roll:

Breakfast, dinner and tea here too :) Common as muck me lol. Isn't saying tea more of a Northern thing? And supper more of a Southern thing? Or am I making that up.... *waits for Libs to investigate*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back