Just a "feeling"

I come from such a male dominated family that before I got pg I always thought it'd be a boy. When I found out I was pg I was so convinced it was a girl that I was trying to convince myself it was a boy so if it was I wouldn't be so shocked. My OH was totally convinced from the start it was a girl and he admitted after we found out that although he would have still been pleased with a boy he always wanted a girl, so he was over the moon! The only person who thought it was a boy was my MIL and when we told her it was a girl her response was "oh, well that's a shame!" I don't think I really had a preference but I am glad it's a girl, and the clothes for girls are so much prettier!lol

When I found out I was PG I thought it would be a boy, but recently I have started to think that it is a girl - I don't know why. My mum thinks that it's a girl but everyone else thinks that it's a boy. I don't mind one way or the other what I have, if it's a little girl, I'm blessed with one of each if it's a boy I am going to give it my brother's middle name. My brother for those who don't know was tragically klilled in a car accident in April.

I get frustrated with people who say oh you will be wanting a little girl this time then won't you. My MIL asked me this morning if I would be disappointed if it was another boy. :x

When I was having my son, I knew it was a boy all the way through being PG and I was right. It's really wierd!

Xxx

definately thinking boy...we cant even think of girls names but the boys one is already decided on..

although i'd be scared about being outnumbered in my own home :shock:

I don't know what I am having and I have a feeling I am having a girl.

Its just something I feel tbh - I have had dreams where I have a girl too.

Watch this space though - I'll have a boy :lol:

I've just had to have a conversation with my OH about this subject. He thinks boy and I am a bit unsure.

At the beginning I really wanted a boy and because of this talked myself into considering that it would be a girl (mostly because of sod's law - I was sure it would be a girl because I thought I'd prefer a boy). I came to the realisation that it is the pink aspect of having a girl that I don't like not the concept of having a girl. I was quite a tomboy when I was young and really didn't think I would be able to relate to a girly girl. However after a lot of thought, I figured that I would be happy to have a daughter and if she really likes pink, well that's no big deal - so long as OH and I bring her up to be a responsible, happy and healthy child, I would be a very proud Mum :D Just for the record, I also have no problems if I have a son and he likes pink :D

However this has left me with complete uncertainty as to what gender it is! We have a boy's name ready and are halfway there on a girl's name but I still can't wait to find out. Hurry up April 23rd :D

For the first couple of weeks i was convinced i was having a boy - but for some unknown reason my mind completely changed - just woke up one morning and thought, its a girl!! I'm positive i'm having a girl... don't know why, and really don't have a preference - certainly won't be disappointed if i have a boyl!!

xx

CazC said:
For the first couple of weeks i was convinced i was having a boy - but for some unknown reason my mind completely changed - just woke up one morning and thought, its a girl!! I'm positive i'm having a girl... don't know why, and really don't have a preference - certainly won't be disappointed if i have a boyl!!

xx
That's exactly the same as me! I just woke up one day adament that it is a girl. Everything just screams "girl" to me! I won't be disappointed at all if it is a boy though, I think I'm just set for hearing "it's a girl!"... xx

:lol: Think the both of us are going to get a bit of a shock when the midwife congratulates us on our beautiful baby boys :lol: xx

Haha yeah you're right!! I actually thought about that last night in bed! I'd be shocked either way which is stupid lol - Like I'm expecting to hear it's a fish or something :roll: x

Im exactly the same.

Although I REALLY dont mind what the baby is... I thought i was having a boy from the very beginning. My partner is convinced it's a boy (but i think it's more like wishful thinking on his part coz he wants a boy first). I just cant picture myself with a girl at all.

When i imagine what it's going to be like with me, OH and LO i always imagine it's a boy. Although i cant think of any boys names at the moment and have plenty of girls ones :wall:

Il be happy with whatever the baby's sex is though (such a cliche) but "as long as it is healthy"

Haha yeah you're right!! I actually thought about that last night in bed! I'd be shocked either way which is stupid lol - Like I'm expecting to hear it's a fish or something :roll: x

Im exactly the same.

Although I REALLY dont mind what the baby is... I thought i was having a boy from the very beginning. My partner is convinced it's a boy (but i think it's more like wishful thinking on his part coz he wants a boy first). I just cant picture myself with a girl at all.

When i imagine what it's going to be like with me, OH and LO i always imagine it's a boy. Although i cant think of any boys names at the moment and have plenty of girls ones :wall:

Il be happy with whatever the baby's sex is though (such a cliche) but "as long as it is healthy"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back