Just a couple of questions...

Lou

Reaction score
Hey

Sorry to come on the forum and ask questions when I havent been around for ages. (I feel bad wanting advice but not having time to give advice!) I do try and post when I can :)

Anyway I wanted to know what you guys are doing about keeping wasps and bees out of your house? I have a conservatory with double doors leading onto the decking but everytime I open them bloody wasps and bees come in and chase me and Isaac into the kitchen! I'm thinking about them beaded curtain things but am worried Isaac will hurt himself on them once he can crawl.

Also SPIDERS!!! I am pertrified of them and its this time of year that the big hairy house ones seem to appear. I don't want Isaac to pick up on my fear but one ran out from under the sofa the other night and I screamed and Isaac looked very frightned and I felt really guilty! Have any of you thought about how you are going to deal with your phobias so our bubbies don't grow up to have them too?

And lastly rolling over. Isaac doesnt enjoy being on his front very much and according to the development charts he should be able to roll from his front to his back by the age of 6 months. He can roll from his back to his side but I dont know how he will ever roll the other way and I'm not sure if its something I should let him do naturally or whether I should encourage it?

Sorry this post is so long but I hardly get online nowadays. All your replies are much appreciated.

Hope you are all well. Speak soon.

Lou :)

hiya
I would recommend getting a wasp catcher, they are a glass jar type thing and you put liquid in it the bees and wasps are attracted too, then they get stuck inside.
Glass-Wasp-Catcher.jpg

Failing that a jam jar with a lid on, with a small hole in the lid and coca-cola inside. Works a treat :) they get in and can't get out.

Spiders: get a spider catcher:
l_4432.jpg

Rolling over: don't worry about it, if he wants to do it badly enough he'll find a way, otherwise it doesn't matter :)

I ordered a spider catcher from bettaware today lol

haha I don't have one but my friend swears by her's :lol:

I'm getting a wasp catcher soon too.

Also SPIDERS!!! I am pertrified of them and its this time of year that the big hairy house ones seem to appear. I don't want Isaac to pick up on my fear but one ran out from under the sofa the other night and I screamed and Isaac looked very frightned and I felt really guilty! Have any of you thought about how you are going to deal with your phobias so our bubbies don't grow up to have them too?

No advice, just to say I am petrified beyond belief. Wont go near the shed (DH has put my sun lounger in there, the git!), raided a 5 legged one to death yesterday (on the grass, DH not happy). Am really worried about what I will do when Ella is older and wants her bike or whatever out of the shed :(

Hi

I nearly ordered a spider catcher from betterware yesterday but decided I'm not brave enough to use it lol I do use their spider stop though and I rang them to confirm it is safe to use with Isaac and they said yes as long as I let it dry after spraying it before Isaac goes near it and make sure the room is well ventilated when I spray it.

As for the shed!! omg i have nightmares about ours! Oh and about the wasps, I would worry that putting a jar of coke outside would attract them more. I also wouldn't like them to drown. I just wish they would bugger off and stop coming in the house. I am seriously considering ordered on the net some window screens and door screens like they use in america. Bet they would cost a fortune.

One of the reasons I'm so worried is because of allergies. I had a severe reaction to an apple recently and now I have to carry an epipen. It got me thinking about Isaac and what could happen if he got stung?

Louise

Aww if you are very allergic I would keep some piriton liquid around just in case.
If Brody was allergic that's what I would do: I think it's suitable from 12 months but depending on where the sting is and how severe the reaction I would give him some anyway if I was desperate enough.

Yeah urchin I have to carry piriton now aswell and I'm having a blood test soon to find out if its just apples I'm allergic to. They have assured me that Isaac should be fine but even still I am scared about what could happen. I poohed my pants when I had the reaction to the apple, it was horrible feeling my throat close up.

I'm really lucky to live a stones throw away from my doctors and I can see a hospital (all-be-it a crap one) from my loft velux, so I feel quite safe knowing help is so close.

My hubbie has this fly zapper thing. its a racket with bars on that get electrified when you hold two buttons down. you swat the fly/wasp and it frys them! how gross is that!

he always uses it then feels really guilty that he casued the fly to have a horrid death :? men - he wouldnt make a soldier would he?!

anyway we got it from lakeland if you fancy taking your anger out on some wasps and mossies!

x

Get a cat, my three are always chasing spiders and then its a race for me to save them before they get eaten. However it can work the other way though as they tend to bring in a load of bugs half mangled, my OH was thinking we had cockroaches as he had found one in the kitchen and it was a half eaten beetle :roll:

lol My cat Phoebe has a habit of bringing me presents. She chases me around the house with a half dead spider hanging out of her mouth. She loves a nibble on a daddy long leg. Last weekend she brought me a mouse but luckily she hadnt hurt it and it found its way out. We've had a problem with stray cats coming in so we bought Phebes a magnetic cat flap but she got stuck to one of our kitchen stools and then the draining tray. She also came home with random bits of metal stuck to her collar and some lovely rusty 4 inch nails! We've ditched the cat flap.

I dont think I'd be able to zap anything with one of those electric tennis rackety things. I'd feel mean and knowing me I'd probably miss and zap Isaac, Jarrod or Phoebe.

dont think I'd be able to zap anything with one of those electric tennis rackety things. I'd feel mean and knowing me I'd probably miss and zap Isaac, Jarrod or Phoebe.

lol lou, hmmm best keep alex away when hubbie is swinging it about like a loony! mind you he used to jump out of bed and chase mossies round the bedroom with a sock whist butt naked :moon: - so the zapper is an improvement!

x

Em78 said:
dont think I'd be able to zap anything with one of those electric tennis rackety things. I'd feel mean and knowing me I'd probably miss and zap Isaac, Jarrod or Phoebe.

lol lou, hmmm best keep alex away when hubbie is swinging it about like a loony! mind you he used to jump out of bed and chase mossies round the bedroom with a sock whist butt naked :moon: - so the zapper is an improvement!

x

A real man would still zap in the nude lol Men naked trying to do anything seriously is always hilarious! I'd happily watch Jarrod try and swat mossies in the nude just for the comedy factor of it.

lou said:
We've had a problem with stray cats coming in so we bought Phebes a magnetic cat flap but she got stuck to one of our kitchen stools and then the draining tray. She also came home with random bits of metal stuck to her collar and some lovely rusty 4 inch nails! We've ditched the cat flap.

lol, we had a problem with a cat getting into ours and beating them up. He even sprayed twice and we had to bleach the hall. So we got the magnetic collars, mine are always coming in with random metal bits stuck to them, I could make a fortune from scrap metal lol. Plus I always find my hair grips as they are usually stuck to the cats. Toby, the eldest cat, lost his collar and key so OH bought him the campest fluffiest collar you could find to punish him, which Toby "lost" plus another key. As they are not cheap OH has said he can't have a key so I am having a nightmare with Toby as he always wants to come in as I have just sat down to feed Seren. I open the front door only for him to decide he doesn't want to come in when I am there, so I end up trying to bribe him in with a baby attached to my boob as I know if I shut the door and ignore him he will try and get it again which is the most annoying sound ever.

We also get presents, usually a mangled mouse, spread about on the stairs. The other year my baby cat bought in a bird, and I had eft the bedroom door open. Casper ikes to take the feathers off for maximum effect and it looked like my duvet had exploded as there were feathers everywhere. And apprently this is them showing me they love me, a box of chocs would do me.

A real man would still zap in the nude lol Men naked trying to do anything seriously is always hilarious! I'd happily watch Jarrod try and swat mossies in the nude just for the comedy factor of it

oh the thought of that zapper hitting delicate areas :shock: i was hoping for another baby sometime so i think i will ban naked fly zapping! lol

x

lol beanie. Cats are horrible arent they!

On ebay I've seen some infa-red cat flaps so might bid on one and try it out.

As for the birds, we've had wood pidgeons dragged into our house that are twice as big as Phoebe! We've bought her the biggest bell we can find but now and again she still manages to catch a bird. Doesn't help that the next door neighbours have various bird tables and hanging bird feeders dotted all over their garden.

A few years back a friend of mine wanted to keep cats out of his garden so he rang a gardening catalogue order line for some lions pooh to scare the cats away but instead he asked for some cat pooh to keep the lions out of his garden lol The girl told him they only deliver in the UK.

lol, lions poo.

Cats are mean though but even when I have just stepped in mouse entrails or tripped over the cat as she wants feeding I wouldn't be without mine.

To be honest my relationship with Phoebe has changed since I had Isaac. I do love her but I see her as a bit of a nuisance now and I worry about the hygiene issue of having a cat. The vet once told us that because of the way cats groom themselves they are walking around covered in their own poo! Isaac and Phoebe do love eachother though. He is fascinated by her. When Isaac is older he can have a goldfish but thats all. No more cats or dogs.

Em78 what about putting the sock on it for protection? Not to stop another baby, just to stop any harmfull zapping? lol

Hi

ive never seen or heard of any of those?
Im allergic to bees but not really bad i swell up where ever i get stung but the doc said it can easily turm worse with time since ive only started getting swollen from this two years ago.
I HATE SPIDERS :shock:
Katrina

i have noticed alot more spiders in the house since i re homed my cats.

i hate it in the autum time coz thats when the really big ones come in doors, no cats to eat them now so they can run about *shudders*

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back