Jessica Elizabeth 31-5-12 extra pics page 2

weefoggy

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, a bit late in posting my birth story, my laptop has been out of action and can't put pics up with my phone.

So! Here we go.....

Jessica was 11 days overdue, I guess my labour story starts from term + 8 where I had a sweep so I'll start from there.

Mon 28/5 Had term + 8 appt at hospital where they checked heartbeat and performed a sweep, previously the week before I had a very unfavourable cervix and midwife couldn't perform sweep. This time, however I was already 1cm dilated which got me really excited only to find out it can be like this for quite some time...never mind.... kept my fingers crossed the sweep would work. Also had regular tightenings showing on the trace.

Overnight started to feel contractions, pretty regularly but not strong enough to worry about, managed to sleep on and off for a couple of hours

Tue 29/5 Spent the day on the sofa with my tens machine having regular contractions 5/6 mins apart, also started losing bits of plug on and off all day.

Husband came home from work and contractions started to get a bit nippier, not knowing how bad they should be I thought best phone the hospital who told me to come in to get checked.

Hospital was really busy so had to wait a couple of hours, contractions still nippy and regular 5/6 mins apart. Got checked around 9.30pm to find I was only 2cm dilated...gutted! How bad did these have to be I thought! I felt like a bit of a wuss!

Was told not to come back unless they were 3 mins apart!

Got sent home and spent the whole night writhing around the sofa in agony, contractions were a LOT more painful but still no closer together, couldn't manage any sleep at all.. was a long night.

Wed 30/5

8.30pm Although contractions no closer together I had to phone hospital as I was in agony, they didn't want me to come in but eventually caved after hearing a contraction over the phone so off we went again!

9.30am got checked to find I was 5cm dilated...result! Kept in and straight on the diamorphine and gas and air! Bliss!

3.30 pm made it to 8cm, was doing really well and even decided to go for it without an epidural as pain was being well managed (I always said I would have one)

7.30pm pain getting a bit more intense, got checked and was stuck at 8cm! couldn't believe that the last 4 hrs had been for nothing! Call in the Epidural...couldn't do another 4 hours in that pain!

This is when the drama started, Jessica's heartbeat had be tracking at quite a high baseline all day - around 160 bpm. They hadn't been too worried and thought it was because I was dehydrated so had me on a drip. However when the nightime consultant came in he was concerned so did an internal to find she was back to back (she had been perfect position for weeks- naughty girl!) , also did some tests where he scratched the top of her head to check for oxygen levels - thankfully this was fine.

He said due to the high positioning of the head, there was a strong possiblilty when I push I would be pushing her head back on itself and she wouldn't be able to come down the birth canal and could be injured.

11pm Fully dilated, Consultant said he would let me push for an hour but if the head remained high he would have to perform an emergency c-section.

12.30pm having pushed for an hour, nothing happening I was getting really stressed out that the baby was distressed - her heartbeat was way up at 180bpm by this point. I was glad when Dr came in and said head had not moved at all, time for a c-section as I just wanted her out safely by this time.

31st May 2012 1:06am

Jessica Elizabeth was born by emergency c section weighing 7lbs and 15oz

I have never felt such love in my life! We are absolutely smitten, she has been a little star and is good as gold.

It was a long couple of days and ended in a c section but I wouldn't change a thing...as long as she was safe I was happy.

xxxxx

Attachments

• Jessica newborn.jpg
    Jessica newborn.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 127
  • Jessica6.jpg
    Jessica6.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 122
  • Jessieface.jpg
    Jessieface.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
How gorgeous and worth every little bit of pain!! Thats awful to think everytime u pushed u may have been hurting her!! I would have demanded a c-section! Well done u xxxx

How cute is she !!!

Well done on your labour it seemed quiet hectic ! Gas and Air is so good :) I was afraid it would make me puke but eventually caved nd so happy i did ! Back to back is awful :) But shes here so it doesnt matter anymore !! xx

You really went through it hun, but she is so beautiful, so worth everything :love:

Gorgeous, well done honey :) Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

She is so beautiful hun :kiss: what a labour! Sounds like mine lol. Hearing your story makes me even more excited about having my little girl, can't wait!!

Enjoy her, they grow up so fast! :D x x

Awwwww, how cute!! What a beautiful little girl you have - worth every minute of your epic journey! Many congratulations :love::love::love:

She is beautiful! Well done, all sounds like a lot of hard work, but you have a great end result, congratulations! x :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

You did so well hun, she's absoulotly gorgeous congratulations xx

What a gorgeous little lady, congratulations hun!! Xx

She is so beautiful. Congratulations honey.

Wow you are a trooper, thanks for sharing your story. She is a beaut xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back