Jars

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
I am going to start giving Evie a jar of baby food every now and then. It'll make it easier for when she goes to her Dad's for the weekend.

I have some jars upstairs for 4-6 months (Heinz Mum's Own) left over from my baby shower. They are still in date but some are chicken meals or pork- I thought babies couldn't have meat til 6 months!? If so, why are the jars labelled 4-6 months?!

:think:

hmmmm :think: not sure about that tbh. Good luck though with the jars though!! If I try and give Ruby a jar she turns her nose up :shakehead:

I tried her last weekend when we went away with 10 monthplus stuff and she point blank refused :wall:

I didn't think they could either TBH. I do know that the Heinz jars aren't supposed to be as good (see Gem's post from a couple of wks ago).

I use the Ella's kitchen pouches when we are out as they are as good as home made - they literally just have the purees in them and nothing else. Plus they are just fruit and veg, no meat or anything else they can't have.

I found that heinz put a lot of things in the earlier jars that babies arent supposed to have- like gluten..and strawberries (which are safe but best to wait till they are older in case of allergies) I used to use Hipp or plum or ellas kitchen..the only heinz thing i used was the Biscotti..

:talkhand: right, i'll get rid of the heinz jars then.

I think I'll try the Ella's Kitchen pouches- although they are more expensive! :evil:

Thomas has a jar for dinner everynight only half as thats all he will eat due to his allergys its easier for me to buy the jars as they list the ingrediants then try to make my own and no know whats in the stuff i will use as its not clearly labled like babies jars :)
he has the hipp jars and boots own
xx

leland loves his jars more then homecooked , good job i hate cooking :rotfl: hipp or cow and gate :D

why labelled 4-6 months...probably marketing reasons...they want to market their products to the widest range of babies and although the food maybe technically edible by a 4 month old, it might not be in a 4 month old's interest to be eating meat products like that.

Jacob loves his jars..he'd eat the glass pot and lid too if he could. He's a glutton. :lol:

Its the confusion between the new advice that you aren't supposed to give babies food full stop till 6 months...so "technically" they can't have anything until 6 months...but the advice when I had Tia was 4 months to start weaning and none of this glutton free/no meat stuff, I gave her jars all the time until she reached 9 months and got ill...then it just became far easier to monitor what she was eating by making home made as the jars have a lot of "hidden" ingredients... I say hidden, but they are on the label if you read it, but why on earth would there be milk in heinz baked beans and bacon food?????????? :roll: But tbh Tia turned out fine and she's exceptionally healthy so meh?..

I only make homemade for lil miss because the jars here are HIDEOUSLY expensive... 2€ per jar :shock: Whereas I can buy fruit and veg for 10€ and make a whole months worth for dinner and dessert.

Research is research and I followed it with this baby for the most part...but the research wasn't around back then so Tia just got what was going. :rotfl: I haven't really tried lil miss on jars.. :think: ooo no wait I brought her a heinz chocolate pudding...she wasn't best impressed :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back