please help!!

Squeakz

Reaction score
hey ladies i really need some advice about js food. He is almost 7 months old (christ time flies) and hes on one jar (we make our own jars and freeze them - but until we get a new microwave we're just on jars atm.....) per meal (a small one). Is that right??? Well not so much right/wrong but should he be having more? He will happily take more and last night he had two small jars for dinner.......nd slept till 8.30...(with a couple of wake ups at 6 ish but was resolved with a dumy)

His routing is:

Wake up (ormally 7-8): Prrodige mixed with 5fl oz of milk plus the rest of his milk to drink 2 fl oz

10: snack of ric cake/veg sticks etc
12: one small jars worth of fruit/ veg, 7fl oz milk
2: snack of rice cake/fruit
4: 7fl oz bottle
6.30 one small jars worth of meat and veg
11: 7fl oz bottle.

Should we introduce a desert to him after lunch and dinner?? we're so confused as he seems to want to eat more!! I realise very baby is different, i spose we just want some moral support! x

im just taking LOs lead, for example lunch times i started out just giving half a pouch a week later he polished that off so i gave the whole pouch even though he would only eat 3/4 of it, a week later and he started polishing off the whole pouch so now hes done that consistently for a week or so im gonna start giving some fruit as a dessert from tomorrow, my HV just said keep feeding, they will let u know when they are full

Henry does something very similar to J. But we offer him a fruit pot after lunch and dinner as a pudding. Sometimes he will eat all of it and other days only half, the hv told me to follow him, he will let you know when he's full. He has just started to clamp his mouth shut when he knows he's full.
I use to spend ages pureeing fruit but it took for ages and I never managed to produce a lot so I gave in and started using the organix fruit pots, he's also recently started having soya yogurts aswell, which he loves :D
x

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

i thought as much. Ok that sounds harsh and not meant to, but if we go with J he would eat more than 2 pots in the evening....literally......i just dont know whether we should go with him and continue feeding him or draw a line somewhere, which i know sound horrible....during the day hes pretty contented, but at the last feed (well the 6.30 ish one) he still accepts a spoon etc and opens his mouth evern after the second pot....you reckong we should carry on feeding him?? it just seems like an awful lot!! x

Paige is a bit of a scoffer and would eat all day everyday. I just give her what I consider a good amount fo dinner (usually fills the bowl which is just a standard baby bowl) and then Ill give her some fruit, fruit pot, yogurt ect as a pudding and usually half way through that she'll usually stop. So just keep feeding imo. Babies know when to stop and they dont understand glutany. :)

i thought so.....thats why im half worrying. tonight J had a spag bol pot (small) and then we tried him with the spoon adn h was still opening his mouth and trying to grab for it, so we gave him half a fruity pot and then tried aain with the same response, so we gave him the other half and he as still trying to grab for the spoon and bowl, opening his mouth etc....x

i thought so.....thats why im half worrying. tonight J had a spag bol pot (small) and then we tried him with the spoon adn h was still opening his mouth and trying to grab for it, so we gave him half a fruity pot and then tried aain with the same response, so we gave him the other half and he as still trying to grab for the spoon and bowl, opening his mouth etc....x

when henry does this I tend to give him a rice cake to finish his meal, he will normally be happy with that to finish and sometimes gives up half wa through! I've never given more than a meal and a whole fruit pot, if he's grumpy or showing signs of still being hungry then the rice cake normally works :)

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

Thank you, well try that tomorrow evening. We didn't give him anymore tonight. He had a main meal and desert so we didn't want to just continue on feeding if there were other options! Well deffo try that!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back