Quinny Zapp 3 wheeler stroller

monster_munch

Reaction score
Our pushchair saga goes on :(

Looking at this (making some compromises...) with the maxi cosi car seat.

Anyone have one?
What's it like?

My head is so close to exploding - we were going to go for the Jane thingy with the lie flat car seat, but I thought it was too big and got scared by a few reviews. We have the space in our car, but the back seats are really bumpy so I don't think it would fit :roll: :evil:
PLus the whole thing is heavy and I can't be bothered with that.

We had to Quinny Buzz and the Maxi Cozi car seat (she is in her stage 2 car seat now..) amd we lovd the Maxi Cozi car seat....we also got the Iso fix base which made taking it in and out ded easy-it was pricey at £100 on top of the price of car seat but hoping to flog it on E bay soon as we dont plan to have any more kids and its in perfect condition

Its a fab car seat, it just looks so solid and comfy xx

iv got the zapp
never had the car seat tho.
i love it, seems so easy to push alot easier than the others iv had

in my opinion zapps are ok... BUT they dont recline, thats the only thing that i didnt lke about it... they say u can use the pushchair from 6 months, but in my opinion its for when they are much older when they dont sleep as there lil heads lean forward :(

But if u were just using it to use the frame to put a maxi cosi on then yeah go for it!

maxi cosi car seats all the way in my opinion... :D

Sayin that, in hindsight, i would have tried a jane matrix or one of the mutsy lay back car seats...

Totally agree with Loz on the Zapp, we got the Petite Star Zia instead as it does recline...I would not of put the Mai Cozi onto the Zapp frame though, its not straight forward and you have to un clip the seat fabric from the frame to do it, and it looks tricky??? :think: The Maxi Cozi clips on and off the Buzz frame dead easy with the car seat adaptors though, so quick and easy, and looks cool too :wink: I got stopped so many time for people to admire it!!

My sister is a serial pushchair buyer and has had many as she gets bored with them and likes to upgrade.

She had both the Quinny Buzz and the Zapp as she has 2 little ones, one at 3 and one who is almost 1. The Zapp is great. Very lightweight but the Buzz, none of us were keen on as it seemed very flimsy and didn't have much storage space at all.

DebbieM said:
My sister is a serial pushchair buyer and has had many as she gets bored with them and likes to upgrade.

She had both the Quinny Buzz and the Zapp as she has 2 little ones, one at 3 and one who is almost 1. The Zapp is great. Very lightweight but the Buzz, none of us were keen on as it seemed very flimsy and didn't have much storage space at all.

I would disagree wtih that totally!!! I have had two quinny buzz's (one old style, one new stlye) and a Quinny Zapp.

The are both well built, but more so the buzz.

There is NO storage on the Zapp, you can even put bags on the handle as the pram tips.

But for the buzz you can get a basket, parent tray storage, and a child tray and you can hang things off the handle with the help of a buggy buddy.

My sis obviously used it more than me since it was her p/c but I just didn't like pushing it. I like pushing the Zapp though. I wasn't aware you could get extras for the Buzz apart from the shopping bag. I know nothing has been added to the Zapp other than a small shopping bag as they can't take any weight at all on the handles.

I think it is because it is so light that I like the Buzz. She also had a Jane twin thing (one in front of the other) and I don't like pushing that either as it's way too heavy... although we have bought the Jane Slalom Pro. She swapped her Buzz for a new Loola and I have to say, I'm not overly keen on that either. I find it hard to steer. LOL

I guess it is just each to their own really. :D

DebbieM said:
"but the Buzz, none of us were keen on"

"I think it is because it is so light that I like the Buzz. "

lol

Im so confused...
you said you didnt like it then you did like it :S hahaha

I get so confused with the 2!!!! :rotfl:

I like the one that you cant hang anything on the handles. The smaller of the 2? I think that is the Zapp? Who knows! LMAO.

ZAPP! ZAPP is the one I like LMAO

The Buzz is the one I wasn't keen on and the one she swapped for the Loola! LMAO.

Excuse my pregnancy head!

DebbieM said:
ZAPP! ZAPP is the one I like LMAO

The Buzz is the one I wasn't keen on and the one she swapped for the Loola! LMAO.

Excuse my pregnancy head!

Lol i dont like loolas, well i do when baby is l ittle, but as soon as they gain a bit of weight, its like pushing a tank! You push one way, and the pram goes the other way :rotfl:

just a warning about the jane matrix pro car seat (taken from 'which?'):

"This seat is designed for babies from birth to about a year (13kg). It is quite unusual in that it can carry very small babies both rearward-facing and lying flat, but in this latter mode it achieved just one star for overall safety and the risk of serious injury to a baby in a crash is far too high. Don’t buy this model"

OH and i have got a loola - not the lightest of prams, but we're hoping to carry for most of the time anyway so shouldn't be using it too much...

We have both the Rebel Pro and the Matrix Cup.

i think the cup scores a little better in the safety tests - 3/4 out of 5 stars... the pro only gets 1/2 stars though :(

its such a minefield... :think: :think:

Well I have just ordered the new Maxi-Cosi Mura minus any car seat / carrycot :lol:

We had to get it in black as we are team green, but are going to get either a pink or blue footmuff for it when bubs is here.
WE have a carseat with base already for use at the supermarket etc adn will use a sling in the early days to go out and about, but the pushchair is suitable from birth and faces both ways so it's a huge compromise, but look good :roll: :lol:

Hopefully it won't be a huge disappointment - there are no user reviews out there as it has literally just come out.

Oops forgot to say :oops: :oops:

Thanks for all the help and info :hug: Definitely stopped me making a few wrong decisions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back