Car seats esp. Jane matrix

Hellokitty

Reaction score
DH and I had a few practice runs at fitting our car seat on Sunday. It is the Jane Matrix Pro lie-flat thingy.

We got it cheap (but brand new) on ebay hence we have never had a retailer show us exactly how to fit it.

After a few gos we seemed to have got it right, but there were 2 things that worried us slightly.

1. the angle the baby would be sitting at seemed really steep, like almost upright :think: . You can counter this by reclining the seat slightly, but it doesn't actually say wether its safe/OK to do that.

2. Although the car seat seemed pretty secure when you tried to rock it in a forward to back motion, it did move side to side quite a bit. Is this normal for all baby seats? :?

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light, either if you have the Jane Matrix, or if the same is true of other rear facing baby seats?

Thanks x

we have a jane matrix and you can use it in the car at either fully sat up or fully reclined (across 2 seats), the other postions are for older babies apparently. hope this helps

Hellokitty said:
2. Although the car seat seemed pretty secure when you tried to rock it in a forward to back motion, it did move side to side quite a bit. Is this normal for all baby seats? :?

Thanks x

Still looking for opinions on this one. Any car seat, not just Jane ones...

Claire...Have you actually tried the seat in your car yet? You will see what I mean when you do. I think I'm going to use it on one of the more reclined setttings anyway.

i have a britax one from birth to 4 years - its a pretty common one- mine doesnt do this its really tighly fixed. have you tried pulling the seat belt as tight as you can then yanked it?

yes its secure but not in our other car, i think some cars belts dont tighten as well

I struggled with the idea of car seats for a while, so many to choose from etc. In the end we went onto the manufacturers pages of our car and sought their advice as to what one would work best in my car as different cars tend to have different widths of seats etc and belts that fasten differently etc. I have to say I am grateful for their advice and the seat fits perfectly in the car.

Also just a general comment if you phone your local fire station they will make you an appointment to go down and have it professionally fitted. Don't just turn up!! It's a free service but given what they do and how important the car seat issue is a lot of people leave a donation for their advice, help, service etc. You might find that helpful if you are just thinking your car seat looks/sits right on the seats etc.

Nicola said:
Also just a general comment if you phone your local fire station they will make you an appointment to go down and have it professionally fitted. Don't just turn up!!

Thanks thats really useful. :)

ooo that sounds like fun. i might have to go- not to perve honest :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back