jamies fowl dinners OH NO!!!

grace

Reaction score
he just killed the baby chicks :cry: is anybody else watching this???????

its the hard fact shocking truth about chicken and egg farming. :(
i dont want to eat chickens or eggs anymore

I studied animal welfare at uni, so I know what happens. I cant bring myself to watch this as Ive seen stuff like it before and I need to prepare myself to see things like this :cry:

Ive been seriously considering becoming a pescatarian (vegatarian but eats fish and sea food) again, although even thats not exactly ethical any more.

A £2.50 chicken feeds my family for 2 days.

I won't watch any of this current round of poultry farm programmes cause it'll but me off. Harsh, but I'd rather stay ignorant .

Iv not eaten KFC for ages, they were the worst offenders apparently

but im not spendin a tenner on a chicken either, I want to eat - not get in debt for food

as long as the bird doesnt have avian flu then it wont kill us, yes im sorry the chickens are cramped etc but I want to eat with some money left in my pocket after food shopping

All meat but especially chicken is unrealistically priced and it is the poor animals who pay the price. Im not saying ppl shouldnt kill animals for food as it is natural but humans force the animals to suffer while they are alive.

natalie&jake said:
All meat but especially chicken is unrealistically priced and it is the poor animals who pay the price. Im not saying ppl shouldnt kill animals for food as it is natural but humans force the animals to suffer while they are alive.

It's true animals suffer but I'm a sucker for those unrealistic prices. That's something my concious will have to endure.

I heard KFC grow chickens without heads. Is that true?

i knew what happened but actually watching it has eally changed my mind and will be going free range, i have always bought free range eggs from the local farm

Minxy said:
natalie&jake said:

It's true animals suffer but I'm a sucker for those unrealistic prices. That's something my concious will have to endure.

I heard KFC grow chickens without heads. Is that true?

Im a sucker for the animals and have kind of been in denial about where my meat comes from but am now really battling with my concience and the concience is winning. The evening I had Jake he hospital served up lamb for dinner and I couldnt eat it because I felt sick at the thought of eating somebody elses baby.

I dont know about the KFC chickens, I think that is a false rumour TBH, I dont see how or why they would make headless chickens.

That did remind me, in General Studies at college discissing that in the future they will be able to manufacture meat in labs rather than on farms, there would be no animal involved in the process, no welfare issues, but lots of ethical ones me thinks... :think:

Anyway, I have been a veggi on and off since I was 7 years old and I think Im about to go veggie (well pescy lol) again.

is it even possible to breed chickens without heads?
personally i dont watch anything like that....love my meat too much to be put off it! i know that is ignorance.

I watched the rerun of this last night, i was in tears when those poor little chickies had to be gased, their only teenee :cry:

I did buy free range eggs and free range chicken today. I just cant eat a chicken thats lived in fear if im buying it i dont wanna know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back