oh no :( edit: i'm shocked!

purple13

Reaction score
connor's first tooth has just broken through :shock: :shock:

it's razor sharp and he's chewing on absolutely everything - i think its only going to be a matter of time before i get chomped on too :? my little boy is growing up so fast :(

how do other booby feeders get on when their LO's get teeth??

xx

EDIT: i've just come off the phone to my OH and we were talking about connor's new tooth when he said

him: "well its a good job you've got a date and the end is in sight" (referring to weaning).

me: "weaning doesn't mean an end to bf-ing"

him: "well its the beginning of the end isn't it?"

me: "it can be, but that'll be connor's decision

him: "don't tell me you're going to be one of these people who feed beyond the age of 1, cos that's just wrong"

me: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

so now what do i say back - i've told him he's got to sort out his attitude and get over it, but the fact that he thinks this way has really upset me :cry: :cry: :cry: i want connor to self wean, not to feel pressured to stop because my OH has got warped views on the matter. if anyone else had said this, it wouldn't have bothered me :(

i've just sent OH an email demanding an explanation as to why he thinks its wrong to bf past a year.
:? :? :? :?

i'm so gutted cos i always thought he was proud of me :(

im sure he is proud of you hunni, he prob wants your boobies for himself but u go on for how long you feel comfortable

:hug:

Oh hun, men can be so untactful sometimes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ive come across alot of people who are funny about breastfeeding past a few months, ive had allsorts of comments like 'are you STILL breastfeeding' and 'she'll be breastfeeding until shes 5 the way your going' etc etc and i really dont undertstand why people think its a bad thing :| it really confuses me, breastfeeding is ment to be so good for the baby yet people make you feel bad for doing it :doh: it makes me wanna scream lol

Talk to him hun, explain why u wanna carry on etc etc and see why he thinks its so 'wrong' to breastfeed past 1 year :hug: :hug: :hug:

I can't believe your OH said that...an interfering in-law perhaps, but your partner?!? :shock: :shock:

Do what Midna suggested and get him educated! Men! :roll:

Well done on getting this far, you're doing really well!!!!!!!!!

well, i emailed him my thoughts and had it out with him when he got home last night. his opinion is that small children 'need to grow up' and that stopping bf-ing is part of that. i pointed out that 12 months isn't some sort of graduation from baby to small child and that everything we do for connor will be at his own speed. most of what he said was perfectly reasonable but more relevant for when connor's much older than 1. i think he realises that now.

thanks for those links squiglet. i'm gonna email them to him. i think part of the problem is that he never reads anything and is happy, for the most part, to go along with what i decide. but then he says something a bit stupid and ill considered like he did yesterday and upsets me. men! :roll: :evil:

thanks girls, i'm feeling much better today :hug: :hug:

Purple, my OH is the same - takes my word for things baby related, whether that be buying something new (ie a car seat) or on developmental stuff etc - he's just too lazy to read up on things himself. I did always make it clear to him that I planned for DD to self wean though and hopefully at some point between 12-18 months which I felt was right. Hopefully your OH will understand how you feel now.

My DD had 7 teeth when we stopped breastfeeding a couple of weeks ago. She gave me a few nips on the odd occasion then just before she stopped, she bit me three times over the period of a week, it was so sore. I don't know if this was connected to her stopping though. It is definitely possible to still feed with teeth and sometimes the thought is worse than it actually is, until the last week of breastfeeding my DD was very gentle with me!

Valentine Xxx

valentine said:
Purple, my OH is the same - takes my word for things baby related, whether that be buying something new (ie a car seat) or on developmental stuff etc - he's just too lazy to read up on things himself. I did always make it clear to him that I planned for DD to self wean though and hopefully at some point between 12-18 months which I felt was right. Hopefully your OH will understand how you feel now.

My DD had 7 teeth when we stopped breastfeeding a couple of weeks ago. She gave me a few nips on the odd occasion then just before she stopped, she bit me three times over the period of a week, it was so sore. I don't know if this was connected to her stopping though. It is definitely possible to still feed with teeth and sometimes the thought is worse than it actually is, until the last week of breastfeeding my DD was very gentle with me!

Valentine Xxx

thanks valentine, i think he's back on side with me now. i hope so anyway cos i'm sure i'll get enough comments from other people - i've already had "are you still feeding him" from acquaintances a few times :roll:

i haven't been nipped yet - hopefully connor will be gentle with me too. and maybe the shields will save me from the worst if my baby does turn out to have a sadistic streak :pray: :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back