Jake Andrew born 18/11/06 at 20.52 (updated with photos)

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
Just wanted to announce the arrival of my gorgeous boy. I am so happy and although tired I love being a mum.

I went in to be induced at 12 days overdue at 15.30. I was checked when I went in and they said my cervix was starting to open and gave me a pessery. I was having contractions all night which I thought were really painful but obviously not painful enough as I was not in established labour. I had paracetamol and codeine(which did nothing) and diamorphine overnight and then the next day I walked around the hospital grounds for a bit and by 15.00 I was in a lot of pain having contractions every four minutes. I was transferred to central delivery at 15.30 where they said I was 3-4 cm dilated and broke my waters and then the contractions started coming on very strong so I had the gas and air then diamorphine followed by an epidural. I thought the gas and air was ok but I was still in a lot of pain and I'm sure the diamorphine didn't help although it had the previous night with the less painful contractions. The epidural was great and it didn't hurt at all going in as the other drugs probably numbed the pain. I still had the use of my legs with the epidural and I still felt the baby come out but I could no longer feel my contractions. I started pushing at 20.15 and Jake Andrew was delivered at 20.52 weighing 7lb 2oz so quite good going seeing as I had an epidural and the midwife had to tell me when to push. I thought labour was very painful and I am in no rush to do it again but he was definately worth all the pain. I didn't have any stitches although I did have a small internal tear. I was then transferred to a ward at about midnight feeling really tired and tearful but I did not sleep all night even though Jake did or the next day and I'm sure it was because of all the drugs I felt so awful. I think next time when I am in labour I will stay away from the diamorphine and just go straight for the epidural as too many drugs makes you feel like crap afterwards for days.

We had to stay in hospital for six days as Jake had to go under a light for his jaundice which was caused by me having O positive blood group and him having B positive blood group and some of it mixed at birth which made his body make anti bodies or something like that causing jaundice and then because of this he was lethargic and would not breast feed so I had to express but he has no problem now and seems to be hungry all of the time. LOL

[/img]

Congratulations Gem! So pleased for you!

Do you have any pics? How was the birth?

Valentine xxx

Yay well done Gemz!

Congrats on the birth of Jake.

Is diamorphine the same as pethadine then??

Cant wait to see some pics :cheer:

Awww congratulations on the birth of Jake Andrew. :cheer:

Another baby born on my birthday.... :D

Well done :hug:

Congratulations!! Enjoy your gorgeous little boy! They grow up so fast...

Emilia xx

Hi thanks for your replies. Jaidybaby diamorphine is the same sort of thing as pethidine and I don't know about where you live but my hospital use it now instead of pethidine. Sarah B's Mummy87 we used Andrew as a middle name as it is his daddy's name.
:D

congratulations on the birth of your darling little boy :dance: :dance:

Congrats hun :cheer: ! I had diamorphine as well, I loved it at the time but made baby so sleepy had to keep giving me internals to prod his head and try to wake him up haha. Is a lovely birth story and I'm glad his jaundice has gone. How did you find Derriford?

Hi Strangeness I thought Derriford was fine and I was looked after very well and the midwife who delivered Jake was lovely.

Great birth story, welcome to the world little man.

I had an epidural and I also could feel my legs and could feel my daughter Isabellea being born without all the pain, I would definetely have an epidural again if I have another one.

:D :D :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back