Harry Jake couldn't wait...

Gem

Reaction score
He arrived on Wednesday 11th January at 7.40pm, 7 weeks early!

What an experience. I woke up on the tuesday morning having what I felt must be contractions. Painful cramps every 10-15 minutes. I thought it may be a false alarm and nearly went in to work!

Good job I didn't. By the time mum got back from work to take me to the hospital they were starting to hurt quite a bit and by the time I got to the hospital I was in agony! They gave me some gas and air which helped a bit. It was all a bit confusing really, one doc was sure I wasn't in labour and that the cramps were the result of a suspected infection which I was still waiting for the results for. Still, they gave me a steroid injection to help baby breath if he did come early, and then some tablets to stop the contractions. I wasn't really that aware of what was going on at this point, that gas and air is pretty pokey stuff!

I had to be transferred to another hospital as there were no special care beds at the John Radcliffe in Oxford, so I went to Banbury in an ambulance. Then had the worst night of my life. I was in AGONY, the tablets had worn off and each contraction had me doubling over in pain. The nurse looking after me was awful . I was crying my eyes out and begging for some pain relief but she just kept telling me it was the suspected UTI and the niggles would come and go, she wouldn't give me anything. It was awful. In the morning she took me up to the maternity ward only for them to bring me straight back down again because I was actually in Labour!!

By this time I was exhausted. God knows how I managed it as I was completely knackered and dazed from the gas and air and Mepid, but I battled through and pushed Harry Jake in to the world at 7.40pm. Phew.

I don't think I'll be doing it again in a hurry lol. Harry Jake is in special care. He weighed 4Ib10oz at birth. He's lost a little now but apparantly thats normal. He was jaundiced too but thats all better now. I still haven't quite taken it all in. I'm overwhelmed and just spend hours staring at him in his little incubator. I can't wait to get him home!

My partner Jake was amazing throughout. He arrived just in time for the actual birth, about ten minutes before! He held my hand and mopped my head and did everything just right. I was worried about how he'd cope, but really needn't have been at all. He was my hero.

I'll pop some pictures up very soon. :)

CONGRATULATIONS :D

Hope you are able to bring your little one home soon!

Steph x

Congratulations mate!! Another preemie - some of our babies are impatient eh!!

Welcome to the world Harry Jake!

Look after yourself and well done you! :D :D :D xxxx

Congratulations to you both. :D :D

Sorry you had such a touch time of it, and that your little boy is still in hospital, but hopefully you will be able to bring him home where he belongs soon.

Oh, and you've nicked both my names for a boy!!!! Just got to convince DH as when I said Harry, his face looked similar to this :? !!!!!

congratulations hun hope you will be bringing harry home soon xxxxx

so pleased to hear you are both Ok and everything worked out alright in the end.

Take care of yourself sweetie! You deserve a medal for how well you coped!

congratulations! :D

Congratulations Gem!! Pleased you are both doing well. Great that Jake could be there for the birth - he sounds like a great bloke. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

We were due on the same day; I really hope my LO doesn't get any ideas about an early arrival!!

congratulations!! hope you get to take him home soon!

Congratulations Gem and I'm sorry the nurse was horrible. Hope Harry is doing well and will be allowed home very soon. xx

Congratulations!!!

Fingers crossed Harry will be able to come home soon, glad to hear you're both ok.

Lucy
37 wks

Congratulations and a huge bravery award for you!

+++

Congratulations :)

Hope you are able to bring him home soon. Take care

Love Julie
xxx

Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear that you had a tough time with things and that your little one was sooo impatient but glad to hear he is doing well!! He will be in my thoughts for a quick coming home. Take Care and try to rest you'll need it for when he does come home! :D

xoxo Ree

Congratulations!!!

Hope he's as impatient to come home with you as he was to make his appearance

Tracy xx

:lol: CONGRATULATIONS GEM :lol:

I hope Harry is able to go home soon :lol:

Take Care :lol:

Congratulations Gem!! Can't believe they wouldn't give you pain relief for ages!! Well done x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back