• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jadon Evan Samuel born 8.26am 04/04/08. **Now with Pics**

shadow

Reaction score
Well after posting on here early hours of Fri Morn, I decided I could no longer take the pain, I was sobbing with each contraction, and even though the midwife had told me I was only 2cms dilated at 9.30pm, I decided to go back up. It was about 2.30am and I woke OH, and we went to the hosp. At this point I couldnt even walk when I was having a contraction and thought "this must be it".

Got into the labour ward, and the midwife examined me at 3.00am, where upon she said "you're only 2cms dilated", at that point I thought I was going to die, how could I be in this much pain and only be 2cms?! The she said "I'll give you a quick sweep again....... actually you're more like 3-4cms dilated; would you like some gas and air?" THANK GOD! So at 3.00am I was 3-4cms dilated, and admitted to the labour ward.

I've decided gas and air is great, but it really weirded me out when I was taking it, I hadnt slept properly in days, and kept dozing off and having weird visions and dreams, and everything someone said to me echoed twice in my head. Very Weird; but worked well for the first few hours.

I got to 6cms after about 2hrs and they broke my waters, at that point the contractiosn were coming thick and fast and the gas and air didnt really do anytihng for me anymore. I asked for something more, but Jadon was very inactive and the midwife said they had to wait for the registrar. 2hrs later I was demanding an epidural or something, but registrar still hadnt arrived. Jadon was facing in an akward position and they needed the registrar to move him. She arrived at about 7.00am, after painful repositioning I begged for an epidural at which point the registrar said "its too late baby is on his way".

I remeber looking at the clock and it was 8.00am, at this point the two midwives were telling me to push, but i was exhausted, at that point I would honestly have welcomed forcepts or a ventouse! :shock: But I kept going, kept pushing, still strapped into the bed (I hadnt moved from it in 5 hrs!), legs in stirrups, trying as hard as I could to follow the midwives instructions, they told me to give an almighty push, and to push through the stinging, which I did, and out popped his head- next was the worst bit, his shoulders; I felt like I had a baby and two apirs of hands inside me geeting him out- then pop- he was out at 8.26am Friday morning; weighing 6.11lbs.

Amazing- he is just amazing.

This is one birth story I am REALLY pleased to read; you were in so much pain before he was born for such a long time :hug:

Congratulations on the birth - seems like it all happened fairly quickly once Jadon decided to get a move on properly!

Thank you for sharing your story and I'm so pleased to read about the birth of your son - can we have some pictures to go gooey over? :hug:

Congratulations Shadow! It was a shame you had to go through such a bad week before hand. It must be such a relief and a joy to finally hold your little boy! Well done you!!! :hug: :hug:

:cheer: :cheer: Congratulations - it sounds like you had a horrible time, but it was worth it in the end! Welldone! :hug: :hug:

I'm really glad he's arrived :dance: You have had such a hard time of it, it's a shame they couldn't get the registrar to see you sooner. At least he's here now, I bet he's more than worth it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back