Dylan Darcy born 18/04/2007

cloud9

Reaction score
I went into hosp on 17/04/2007 and was monitored for an hour. I was then examined by the doc and a pessary inserted to start the induction at 1805. I was told in 6 hours I would be checked and they would decide wether to leave me for the night or break my waters. At 10pm my waters broke.I was like the old lady in little britain just standing there pouring. I went into labour then and Docs said they would check me again at 12.05 to see if i needed to go on a drip. The pains were so bad I felt like a real baby in so much pain so early in but was transfered to the delivery room and had gas and air straight away.
The m/wife said at about 11.50 I am gonna ask the docs if i can check you as i kept pushing down with each contraction. The odcs told her to wait but a sister came in the room when i was mid contraction and examined me and immediately got out a delivery pack. According to my notes it says second stage of labour was 16 minutes. and after 2 hours and 21 minutes Dylan Darcy was born weighing 7lbs 2oz.
The poor we lamb though has had blood tests every 6 hours for the first days of his life due to jaundice caused by my anti c antibodies and spent the first couple of days under a light box..
He is been fed every 3 hours to flush the jaundice out which also makes him sleepy so he has wheat he will drink then extra breast milk expressed to top him up.

100_0013.jpg

In delivery Suite

100_0021.jpg

my poorly boy under light box

100_0029.jpg

Once he was able to have mommy cuddles
100_0032.jpg

home at last

congratulations hun. he is lovely :D

what a quick labour. thats fantastic :D

Yay!!!!

Hello Dylan (you handsome chappie!!! Libby sends kisses xxxxx)

Jo - you look FAB in those pics - the pics of me after labour make me look like someone dragged me up the A38 before hand!
:rotfl:

So glad D is finally here - safe & well - bet you're glad to be home!!! (& able to take dairy again? Chocolate? Milk? :think: Ihope the sickness has stopped too!)

Lots of love to you, A & D - enjoy him hun - isn't being a mommy great?!?!?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Congratualtions hun!!
Well done

PS - I had the very same nighty on after having Ellie!! Still wear it now actually :p

Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous baby boy :cheer:

What are the anti c antibodies? When Jake was born he had jaundice and that was caused by us having different blood groups and my blood mixing with his at birth.

OMG what a fast labour that must be a record :shock:

Congratultations hun he's absolutely gorgeous.

Congratulations he is gorgeous! You are looking great too!
Well done! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back